Quick build 'Blue Bowl'

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hah , We call Bunnings "The House of Sin", always coming back with something.
My father inlaw is just as bad..
Cheers
Brad...

Awesome works a treat I came back from creswick with 1/2 bucket of cons mostly black sand, quick trip to bunnings was able to build mine with a 3600gph bilge pump. Now ill be able to take this camping with me and process dirt till its dark :)

Finally got my GM inspired blue bowl done. A quick test and all works well with no leaks. Now to run some cons. :)
1372310449_optimized-101.jpg

With my eye sight Wal, the darker the colour the easier to see the gold. :)

Always new there was a very good reason for your judgement in colour. Just don't use it for the Grabben Gullen Sapphires mate.....With your very well trained eagle eye, you may chuck some of the "Blues" out. :D

Cheers Wal,

WalnLiz said:
Always new there was a very good reason for your judgement in colour. Just don't use it for the Grabben Gullen Sapphires mate.....With your very well trained eagle eye, you may chuck some of the "Blues" out. :D

Cheers Wal,

I'm planning on making one just for Grabben Gullen.It will be transperent with a water proof light underneath and I won't miss any then LOL :p

Good Job, George :) now where are the cons or should I ask for christening invitation :)

Stating them on the weekend Joe. It's the dirt I brought back from Beechworth. Put 3 buckets thru the rotapan which reduced to half the amount, then clasified them 1/30, 1/50, 1/70 sieves. Now to put thru bluebowl and hopefully some gold. :)

George, you seem to have constant supply from Beechworth :) are you hiding something? :) or just didn't tell us it's arriving by the semitrailers lol.

unfortunately not Joe. This is from when I went down with Chris. I brought 6 buckets back but just haven't had a chance to process it. I have set everything up at work so hopefully should be done by the end of next week. The rotapan has made things a lot easier. :)

:) looking forward to the results George , GG is flowing fast and will be for the next week or two

Thanks Chris, now to figure out how fast the water flow should be :/

Catch up with Shivan mate, he had his one going real nice, separated out some of the ultra fine Reedy ck stuff mixed with gems for me. Worked really well.

DD

First trial run of the blue bowl. Still trying to get the water pressure right.
It's a slow process, but just like the Guinness commercial, " I like to watch ". ;) ;)
Did a good job even with the finer specks. Not sure if I lost any but will check the bucket after I finish going through the cons.
Thanks again Shivan for all your advice. :) :)

1372735250_bb2_004-optimized.jpg