A Gpx ripoff?

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
stalker said:
Magilla said:
stalker said:
Funny ...
If ya look hard enough you'll find their operating feq . 7kHz . Even tho that they say it's a pi . it's not. . .it's fake .. even the screws that hold the front and rear panels on are In different places .
Minelab are active in protecting It's brand name. . and no minelab product is assembled in China .. parts are sourced out from all over the place .
As for you think you can build a copy of a gpx5000 . think again .. do you know the imbeded code that has to be programmed into the chips and have the machine to do so ..getting parts Is not the problem ..
Imo don't waste ya money on crap chinalab .

If you watch the 4 Corners story http://www.abc.net.au/4corners/stories/2013/05/27/3766576.htm you will see that the Chinese have hacked the Codan computer network. Unless Minelab keep all their designs on scrap paper it is safe to assume that the Chinese have working diagrams of all Minelab detectors as well as future designs not yet released.

Wow ..The Chinese can read the future too and I thought Dr who was a time traveler with a magic wand .. .lol. I wonder if they can predict the color im painting my car then I'll get a head start and won't have worry about the color I'll pick. But I'd like a color that works tho ..

I don't mind stirring the pot on a thread that's half full of rubbish anyway .. I'm just adding my bit. .. :D

New designs don't happen overnight and ideas are not kept in the head of the designers they are kept on computers. Think about it, 2016 models are probably already being planned.

Magilla said:
stalker said:
Funny ...
If ya look hard enough you'll find their operating feq . 7kHz . Even tho that they say it's a pi . it's not. . .it's fake .. even the screws that hold the front and rear panels on are In different places .
Minelab are active in protecting It's brand name. . and no minelab product is assembled in China .. parts are sourced out from all over the place .
As for you think you can build a copy of a gpx5000 . think again .. do you know the imbeded code that has to be programmed into the chips and have the machine to do so ..getting parts Is not the problem ..
Imo don't waste ya money on crap chinalab .

If you watch the 4 Corners story http://www.abc.net.au/4corners/stories/2013/05/27/3766576.htm you will see that the Chinese have hacked the Codan computer network. Unless Minelab keep all their designs on scrap paper it is safe to assume that the Chinese have working diagrams of all Minelab detectors as well as future designs not yet released.

interesting stuff Magilla ;)

'' New designs don't happen over night'' Magilla- quote. that's just the problem. how long does it take to replace the x-terras released 2005? it annoys me that in this particular case - you are buying a new detector that is nearly ten years old in design. all the 2005 minelab advertisng blurb is still used, giving the impression these are really up to the minute technology. '' new designs. '', again that's the problem. they are only re-hashed, a few tweaks here and there and out comes a $3995 sdc 2300 etc. Where's the '' new'' technology ? smoke and mirrors and you're paying for it. I wish I could come up with any product, that would sell on that basis, make a fortune. the latest old technology.

Yawn, next thread! Getting way off the original topic here guys, no point in adding anymore "rubbish". Will just have to wait till more info is drip fed to the consumers before speculating anymore, much like Minelab did with the SDC. :/

You are right on the money Slipped!

Something I have been trying to point out all along, you just did it better than I ever could.

Good post mate and I sincerely mean that.

Regards
Wayne

Goldpick said:
Yawn, next thread! Getting way off the original topic here guys, no point in adding anymore "rubbish". Will just have to wait till more info is drip fed to the consumers before speculating anymore, much like Minelab did with the SDC. :/

NO problem GP. if - you -don't like something, or disagree, it doesn't make other people's opinions and posts. '' rubbish''.

Thou shall not murder.
Thou shall not commit adultery.
Thou shall not steal.
Thou shall not bear false witness against thou neighbor.
Thou shall not covet.
Thou shall not buy cheap Minelab copies.

;)

slipped disc said:
Goldpick said:

NO problem GP. if - you -don't like something, or disagree, it doesn't make other people's opinions and posts. '' rubbish''.

That's why it is in inverted commas, I am referring back to Stalkers comments in a previous post, not saying yours or anyone elses posts are specifically rubbish.

The fact is the thread has degraded to tit for tat comments that are not related to the original topic. If you or any others wish to dicuss how far detector technology has progressed over the years, then you are welcome to start a new thread elsewhere. :)

My barber got one from alibaba and says it's junk... He knew the risk though. Said it wouldn't even compete with his whites xlt.

Now he has a ctx on order from a licence dealer...

:rolleyes:

A blast from the past :8
Funny they never took the offer up though & two of the protagonists now own $10k GPZ7000's after all the guff :lol:
P.s I've since discovered there were some fakes that did indeed have the workings of a PI but unlike their ads they cannot replicate SETA, DVT etc. & as such they don't balance well in mineralised ground or otherwise even just run with any reliable stability. Maybe ok for dry sand at the beach? :rolleyes:

well guys and gals, I hope you didn't sink lots of doh on the gpz7000, like I did, seem's you can get it now for $5000 US ,google gpz7000 china buy, find minelab gpz7000 metal detector(united kingdom trading company),,,

Shaneo, who are you and why do you keep telling people to check out Chinese websites for detectors? All three of your posts have been similar. Anymore posts like that and you'll be banned as a spammer. I already deleted one of the 2 similar posts, and now you make another post that's very similar?

Shaneo1, i would be interested to hear about your finds with the 7000, what settings ect..... do you get out much 8)

Hey"Lord",,we are lucky in New Zealand with ground type in my opinion, compared to Australia were most ground is hot and noisy, I don't change much from factory start up , but do go to" general"setting.over high yield.

Shaneo1 said:
Thanks Heatho, did you have a look ?

No I didn't have a look as we have spammers constantly trying to spam members here from dodgy chinese detector companies, you're welcome to stay if you want to talk about detecting and prospecting but please no more "hey have a look at this chinese detector company" posts.

Thanks

All our detectors are made in China Heatho, think about it, where else would YOU go to have something mass produced cheaply, but not sub standard by any means,your cell phone ,your TV,microwave,washing machine etc,etc,etc.the computer your using now

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts