A Gpx ripoff?

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Items I own that are Chinese copies:

Chainsaw, Water Pump, Pure Sine Generator, Brush Cutter, The battery in my car, tool kits from supercheap, numerous equipment from bunnings and loads of other stuff but you know what?

The newest is at least 2 years old and they all run like a melbourne cup winner, but I look after my gear and service it all myself regularly.

Warranty aint worth the paper its written on today plus i dont need it, and most service from the so called leading manufacturers sucks.

I saved a small fortune in the process and couldnt be happier but you must do your research and buy smart :D

Everything you buy today is put together in Asia, that fridge in your kitchen, the TV your watching, the computer your using to write this on and even the detector your swinging.

Everyone is quick to tell others the GPX copies are garbage, but its all hot wind in words only......no one has shown any complete testing of the illegal, bad ass, send you to hell product, nor provided any other solid evidence to support these claims.

Having said that, I will never be convinced by opinion only that they are either good or complete shite, until I have either tested one for myself, or a valued member here has!

Regards ;)

Point taken with Chinese builds but we are talking about saving money on the genuine item worth around $7000 not $300 to $500.

Low risk getting a Chinese water pump in terms of outlay to loss.

High risk getting a Chinese knock off detector assuming it can find gold and have a stable threshold.

It would be rational to assume that with all the collective experienced detectorists on this and other sites that the GPX copies if any good would have their own dedicated thread of their virtues, good or bad?

It would also be irrational to assume they are no good without having used one or a reliable members report.

A quick search of the term in the original Ebay listing, "Gold detecting is a fascinating and rewarding activity enjoyed by people all over the world .By getting to know your" reveals that not only do counterfeiters steal their designs they also steal their marketing write up.

Can someone please spend $3000 on one to enlighten the rest of us?

Cheers :)

Metamorphic said:
Everyone is quick to tell others the GPX copies are garbage, but its all hot wind in words only......no one has shown any complete testing of the illegal, bad ass, send you to hell product, nor provided any other solid evidence to support these claims.

Here ya go Bro, only $830 and free shipping, and give us a detailed report.
Should be a good one this, detects up to 5m deep
http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Free...etector-ground-metal-detector/1574358894.html

Redfin said:
Metamorphic said:

Here ya go Bro, only $830 and free shipping, and give us a detailed report.
Should be a good one this, detects up to 5m deep
http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Free...etector-ground-metal-detector/1574358894.html

Redfin...............Quack.................Quack.............

1415083213_duck.png

Duck or Goose? I am not sure :D

Only an irresponsible wanker or someone who sells them would be painting these things in a good light for unsuspecting newbies to fall prey to.

There is plenty of evidence of these, try Google, being found to be VLF's or just complete rubbish. A moderator on another forum dissected one. A prominent trainer & retail shop owner has one that is used to show people that they are rubbish. Numerous threads out there from ripped off, disappointed buyers including a photo of one I use on this site to demonstrate cosmetic differences from a bloke that got caught - it didn't work!

Hot wind & no idea seem to be a theme with some on here these days!

Yes I agree ol mate . lots a hot wind, personal opinions, speculation and no proof. :lol:

a VLF that cant pickup a horseshoe?, or a PI that's infringing upon copyright?, please clarify? :p

I don't think a review from a store that sells Minelab, Garret or Whites etc would be a fair and impartial review.

Until you see the proof its all opinion. I don't need to remind you of what they say about those. :cool:

I would not recommend people buy these unless they have done their homework, with which I have no interest other than the facts of the matter.

Whilst they may be junk, they also may be not. We don't know fore sure? There would be squillions of these things out there all from different assemblers.

I wouldnt take a friend of a friend as gospel on anything.

That's my point. ;)

Cheers :cool:

Can some-one build a surf P.I. kit for about $300 and hot it up and mod the hell out of it. ? :lol:

When a magazine does a comparison between different cars, boats or computers they don't have to go out and buy one of each they just approach the manufacturers or suppliers and ask for a unit to test. Most manufacturers that support their product are more than willing to put their product up for evaluation. Has this ever been done for detectors? It would seem to me to be a no brainer for the prospecting mags to do this.

Magilla said:
When a magazine does a comparison between different cars, boats or computers they don't have to go out and buy one of each they just approach the manufacturers or suppliers and ask for a unit to test. Most manufacturers that support their product are more than willing to put their product up for evaluation. Has this ever been done for detectors? It would seem to me to be a no brainer for the prospecting mags to do this.

Of course there are reviews of many detectors on the net. some seem to go out of their way to appear un-biased. yet the unit still comes up well. Hmmmmm. best way is to join a club and compare detectors and notes.

Jaros said:
Amazing 13 transactions in rast 6 mths. Troowly amazing - how does he do it???
Lovely colour in the text--nearly too much to handle.
I fink i gave i a miss!!!
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: 8)

where is the love Jaros?? I thought I was doing ok with my electric motor and a few stumpjumpers. :cool: :lol:

I fink your very much past that stage ol mate :lol: :lol:

Will take me a while to catch you :cool:

slipped disc said:
Magilla said:

Of course there are reviews of many detectors on the net. some seem to go out of their way to appear un-biased. yet the unit still comes up well. Hmmmmm. best way is to join a club and compare detectors and notes.

Not really interested in reviews, you rarely see a bad one, I would like to see a head to head comparison between all detectors.

What was the situation in Africa with the fake minelabs displacing sales as much as the ml agm notes make out, did sales drop from fear of fakes that didn't work or were they (Africa) happy to get the fakes at cheaper prices because they worked as good?
I haven't been able to find much info about the situation.

Regards Daryl

Metamorphic said:
Items I own that are Chinese copies:

Chainsaw, Water Pump, Pure Sine Generator, Brush Cutter, The battery in my car, tool kits from supercheap, numerous equipment from bunnings and loads of other stuff but you know what?

The newest is at least 2 years old and they all run like a melbourne cup winner, but I look after my gear and service it all myself regularly.

Warranty aint worth the paper its written on today plus i dont need it, and most service from the so called leading manufacturers sucks.

I saved a small fortune in the process and couldnt be happier but you must do your research and buy smart :D

Everything you buy today is put together in Asia, that fridge in your kitchen, the TV your watching, the computer your using to write this on and even the detector your swinging.

Having said that, I will never be convinced by opinion only that they are either good or complete shite, until I have either tested one for myself, or a valued member here has!

Regards ;)
That's great to hear but at the end of the day it all comes back to doing your research on a particular product or item, I'm not knocking all Chinese products at almost everything nowadays comes from there, it's just their knock off with certain items that leave a lot to be desired, and prosecuted for.

I think meta has done his research PP.

newest item 2 years old, he claims, still going strong.

Quote..." I saved a small fortune by doing my research".

Legality is not the debate. The debate is about the detector being the same or a knock-off ;)

Cheers :cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts