Teknetics Eurotek Pro hunting

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm going to put a flyer up at the park, about finding the ring, along with my number. If someone can recite the inscription, we can discuss ransoms wink
I was thinking if I lost mine, it would be a bad thing, so I will give the owner a chance to claim it.

Well, no takers. I put up the flyer and got 1 call from a couple who had lost their ring two years earlier in a different park.....what the?? They were genuine, but their ring was 9 ct and not engraved.
She who must be obeyed put a Found ad in the Saturday Advertiser. I got a call from that about a week later. From a lovely lady who was hoping against hope that it belonged to her husband. He is in a local hospice dying of cancer and someone slipped the ring off his finger as he was sleeping. That tore out my heart. Sadly, his was a 9ct.

I had an hour to kill this morning so I had another swing through a local school playground and park (school holidays at the moment).
$20.95 and another silver ring 925. :) Apologies for the bad pix.

1468382195_1.jpg

1468382195_2.jpg

The boy is back.
I have been that busy, I had to retire last Wednesday so I could have more time to be retired.

So the wife now has this strange person in the house.... me. 8.(
She said... "get out of the house and find some coins for g... sake and take those bloody dogs with you!"

So we hit the trail this afternoon.
Went to a local playground and found 6 ring - pull tabs (yeah yeah,,, I know....no photo - didn't happen)

As we were driving off I noticed for the first time a stand of trees along the back fence of the park.....I thought to myself.... bet there is some canoodling happening there at night.... (canoodling + gravity = coin spills)

So I parked and trotted off for a quick swing.

Again the familiar sound of pull tabs rang true, ping... ping ping...

Then a subdued mid range tone and a 62 on the dial.... haha! a 20 cent piece.... mine!

not to be.. no coin... but a strangely familiar tubular shape did present itself from about 5 cm down.... ahh...do I see a hint of ....GOLD BABY!????

Nice!

Ring number 3 arose from the depths of the garden of depravity.....I rubbed off the encasing layer of dirt to see a lovely little ring, with the unmistakable hue of gold shining out here and there, a swirling pattern encircling the outer surface.
A quick check for markings revealed "Dingwall" and 18K"
A quick weigh in at home shows around 5.62 grams.

Woohoo.... you never get bored finding gold... so much better than weeding the garden... just saying. :D

1476774676_agoldring2a.jpg

1476774676_agoldring2.jpg

8) Well, would certainly have been some moaning and groaning over the loss of that ring :eek: :eek: ,.... of that we can be assured ! :D
What a ring a ding ding of a find TTKooAu certainly is a ring of beauty ! :cool:

So the boy is back. Retired in October last year and sold up the house at Osborne and moved south to a nice place on the hill at Encounter Bay. Lovely view of the Bluff, Right Island, Seal Rock and Granite Island......all beside the point.
It's school holidays, so I took the ETP to the local high school for a swing. Among the expected $1 and $2 coins was a nice 82 on the conductivity meter, in hard clay under the sand of the volleyball court. About 2 inches down I popped up what I thought was a sixpence, but it was as black as toast.
So at home i gave it the treatment with some foil and spit, and out came an 1881 Adelaide Industrial Exhibition medallion. Fairly trashed with most of the Exhibition word now gone. Flip side is the Lords Prayer. Still a nice bit of silver for the collection.
1492586597_aie_medal_1881_f.jpg

1492586597_aie_medal_1881_b.jpg

Wow, that is one cool find, even better being silver which I would think would be the rarer version over the gilt bronze one. Seems like there were various versions produced, some also with the monarch on the obverse. :Y:

Latest posts