Teknetics Eurotek Pro hunting

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TTKooAu

Grant Westbrook
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well after much ado and waiting I finally got my ETP from Aussie detectors (thanks for the freebie coil cover Brad!). I had scoured the local parks and tot lots and hi beach areas with my GMZ for some 12 months plus with limited success, but I was over digging every target, and every nail, and every staple and bobby pin, so I decided to go for something with a bit of discrimination inbuilt.

Over two mornings , I took it to 3 playgrounds and one park, totaling about 3 hours. It does take a bit of getting used to with hi and mid tones (low tone iron was set to silent by choice), and then checking the relative conductivity, with a fair bit of digging to check the consistency of the readings. I was very impressed with how much closer I could get to larger metal objects (poles etc) without getting any unwanted noises. I noticed that for the vast majority of coins (but there were some exceptions), the signals were perfectly constant when swinging from all directions, but foil, bottle caps, ring pulls, can slaw etc would giving a slight amount of conductivity variation in different passes over the object. The $2 coins were a perfect 77, the $1 coins a steady 79. 5 cents were 55. The coins that would fluctuate were the 50 cents which could vary from 63 to 68.
1414713833_etp1.jpg

All up $45.90 and a 20 sen Malaysian coin, a clip on earring, a multi tool knife that has seen better days, some junk ....plus the find of the day - a sun-baker pirate patch!

This morning I was time poor so I went to the local skate park which I have hit several times previously.
It is extremely junk riddled, but I managed one more $1 coin, some 22 shells, buttons, a sinker , 6 little plastic money bags (what a great little find for putting things in :lol: ).. and a small sterling silver ring!.... woohoo :D

Even though it registered at 89 conductivity, I thought it was junk until I got to work and checked it out with my voile. Also it is set with 18 tiny stones, doubtful if they are diamonds, but as it is a nice silver ring, I might get a jeweler to look it over.

1414714331_etp2.jpg

1414714331_etp3.jpg

1414714331_etp4.jpg

1414714331_etp5.jpg

All things said, I'm pretty happy with my sub $300 investment.

TT

Sandta said:
:eek: Thats a cracking result from a new toy ... Well done ;)

Cheers Sandta, now I need to find some other green pastures, realistic enough to understand that there are going to be some bad days too. But I am inspired by you and Team Bogan, Ramjet, Goldtarget, Silver, slipped disc and treasure hunter. Dig until you drop :lol:

I was eager to see how this little detector performed, looks the goods to me, a great investment for the price and better value than the Ace. :)

thanks sandta! i took it a few weeks ago, its only a crop of the lightening. not the full pic;)

Well done T. I thought the Eurotek would be a goer, by the reviews and specs. You found some virgin sites there too, going by the junk and state of the coins. most entry level tectas will do the job. the more expensive units may go deeper and descrim. better, but you have to be on producing sites.
hope the ring checks out well. Keep on. ;)

Your ring is likely a Pandora ring ....

1. The Pandora Hallmark

The first way to know whether an item is an authentic Pandora is in accordance with the Pandora companys guidelines when it comes to looking for the Pandora hallmark on the Bead or Bracelet.

Most Pandora jewellery items are now marked with the letters ALE together with 925 on silver items and the numbers 585 on gold items.

ALE are the initials of Per Enevoldsens father who was called Algot Enevoldsen. Per Enevoldsen is the founder of Pandora so the lettering now displayed on Pandora jewellery is the original jewellers hallmark.

925 is the jewellery symbol representing silver and 585 is the jewellery symbol representing 14ct gold.

Thanks all, appreciate the input and advice. Yeah thanks Paulmarr, the ring is a pandora sterling silver with pave set CZ size 50.... sell new for about $60 so a nice little keeper for my niece.

I wore the pirate patch to the in laws for a laugh.The missus asked was a I sure there weren't any little white pills in the baggies! (Nephew kidnapped the patch :mad: )

Took the ETP to the beach on the way to work this morning (work / life balance is good). Just out of curiosity I took it down to the water's edge as it was fairly low around 7:00AM. I was amazed at how stable it is in the wet sand and hovering above the water in the shallows. It doesn't have any ground balance adjustment (professes to be auto balancing). and I had the sensitivity up at 8 / 10 and it didn't seem to miss a beat. I found just a couple of signals in a part of the beach where the tide going out had formed a channel. Sadly I had nothing to get down to the signal (which read out at 79 and 14 cm deep) except a garden trowel, and more sand would fill the hole than I could scoop out. I know it isn't designed for that kind of coin hunting, but damn it was good fun. Think I might invest in a plastic shovel and have another go. Still managed $9.10 and a silver 'Virgin of Carmel' pendant from the hi sand :lol:

Ramjet said:
Skip the plastic shovel and get a scoop TT. Shovel is no good in wet sand.

Thanks Ramjet...Roger that (no pun intended).
Was just reading another post by you on the subject. Seems to be the concensus. I was just saying to Sandta that I'll have a crack at knocking up one like his. Just have to con some stainless sheet from a mate ;)

Been a bit busy with work (read on-line poker, stock-market, PA, browsing). Thought I'd better get back out to the parks and the beach. Hit the shallows at Semaphore last week. I would really love to have a PI unit, but I make do with what I have, and because the ETP is fairly stable over the salt water I persisted.
Finally scored!

and to paraphrase team Bogan.... gold baby!

1416353986_goldring1.jpg

1416353986_goldring2.jpg

1416353986_goldring3.jpg

only small and 9k but I did a nice happy dance! It read at 61 and 20cm deep but it was only about 10cm down.... I caught a glimpse and clawed the sucker out with my hands :lol:

over the following days I hit some more playgrounds and among the usual assortment of bottlecaps, condoms, nails, pull tabs I came up with these little niceties.

1416353849_silverring1.jpg

1416353849_silverring2.jpg

a nice little sterling silver ring....

1416354326_pacman_dollar.jpg

a pacman dollar that got on the wrong side of the mower blade.

1416354326_parkstuff1.jpg

a toy car, some hunks of brass, a button and a letter B, a sterling siver charm bracelet, flower clip, a key, a Guess gold plate necklace and some gold plate chain....

and some more spendables. (Takes the tally for the new ETP to $192.85). With the three rings (including the pandora) I've pretty much covered my initial investment in three weeks, so I'm as happy as punch with that. :lol:

1416354326_pontiac_gto.jpg

not to mention the 70 Pontiac GTO !!!

Love my hobby.

Looks like you've been busy, the Eurotek Pro is proving to be a cracker! Well done on the gold ring, an impressive find considering the how much you originally outlayed for your detector. :)

Goldpick said:
Looks like you've been busy, the Eurotek Pro is proving to be a cracker! Well done on the gold ring, an impressive find considering the how much you originally outlayed for your detector. :)

Thanks Goldpick, it's a wee little ripper!.
Seriously though, it has limitations as you would expect from an entry level detector. For instance, the much lauded recovery time is not that quick say compared to a GMZ. It's also noticeably heavier and I do feel the difference after swinging for an hour or so, not enough to be a major concern though.

But hey, for less than 300 delivered, I'm happy. It has a permanent spot in the boot now. :lol:

Cheers
TT

TTKooAu said:
Sandta said:
:eek: Thats a cracking result from a new toy ... Well done ;)

Cheers Sandta, now I need to find some other green pastures, realistic enough to understand that there are going to be some bad days too. But I am inspired by you and Team Bogan, Ramjet, Goldtarget, Silver, slipped disc and treasure hunter. Dig until you drop :lol:
I'm honored but undeserving of this brilliant company. If you are ever nearby give me a holler to go hunting.

Latest posts