Pre Decimal Coins, Tokens, Medals etc

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
I am a mad collector and am always looking to add to my collection, any old coins & tokens or old ginger beer bottles that you want/need to sell please let me know. I'm your man, cash paid for single coins to whole collections
cheers :| :) :| :) :( :|

You have enough posts up to do a nice picky show of your collection Average Joe,.... that'd be nice to see !

sure thing silver, i will upload some of my collection 2moro... Is there anything in particular you're a fan of mate?

I don't mind seeing the old silver coins AJ(they seem to time travel a bit better in the ground) and I do have a few old bottles myself, and manage to find a bit of militaria at times. I'm sure there are lots of us that would like to see the kind of things you collect,...to know what sort of stuff you are looking for. I've never found any gold coins before(but one can dream),but I hope to one day, probably only ever sell any of them if I found a dozen or so the same at one time, there are probably a lot of people here that are forming collections as well as those who might want to sell things to upgrade their kit. Maybe if you post a short wanted list(or photos) you might get a good response when people can see what you are definitely chasing, as they may recognise it from past finds or from their grandparents old collections of knick-knacks.

DSCN2702_zps7441630f.jpg

I'll start with this little fella.
1939 Halfpennies are probably my favorite coin to collect. They're easily looked past by other dealers that don't know they're history and people usually don't see any value in halfpennies with the roo on them.

She's in pretty bad nick but i'm sure that it would fetch around $5 on ebay. Its still a Scarce coin in any condition

DSCN2341_zps74eb01ee.jpg

This ones another coin that you can pick up below bullion value because of the ding at 4 O'clock.
However, some collectors actually look for these coins in UNC (uncirculated) condition with a dint as when they were in production the weight of the coin dropping onto another straight after minting was a bit of an issue. So they can be classed as a "variety" coin in some circles. Horses for courses i guess

Still haven't found a crown in the ground yet(looking lots though).
What about these sort of things,....any thoughts on worth ?(one on the left in the top picture and the bottom one,...2007),..top right is a normal 2007 50c piece .
1415959928_sam_4322.jpg

1415959958_sam_4327.jpg

And does the crown in that situation turn out to an astute observance ?(talking over the kiddies,..ha)

It is a pretty big error, possibly cud error looks like. There is a keen collector market on fleabay for these. Certainly would get more than .50c if you can find a few like that then it may mean a few more exist. This creates a bit of interest and prices normally increase according to increase in demand.

Silver i'm guessing your the kind of guy that checks his change haha, me 2!
As for the crown you are most defiantly on the money (pardon the pun)
The 50c can fetch anywere from $3-$30 its all about getting the right pair of eyes on it. "50c" Collectors are pretty common so your chances of making a few quid on that one are good.

DSCN2349_zpsddadfbba.jpg

Florins, this was the 1st pic i grabbed. Always check the silver market before buying 46-63 50% silver 1910-45 90% silver.
Bullion value pretty much dictates the market for common Florins, but the scarce & rare dates can be worth quite a bit

Great pics there Silver, I like the story behind the 34' Shillling. They're the kind of things i love researching and they can be important "selling points". Imagine how many 34's have been melted by people thinking that they're just damaged scrap when they could be an important part of Australian military history.

I'll get a group photo of all my silvers for you soon, thanks Silver

Well I've found my share in the ground EM, what about you AJ ?

I've got about 40 that i've dug up from around old parks were i live. I love them too!

Hey mate ive got a very old roman coin from between 200-1100AD ,if u want it message me and ill send u pics

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts