Mining and legislation

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Sorry for the new thread..
I really wanted to ask Shauno from Lightning ridge his opinion, but didnt want to hijack and clutter his excellant thread, hence a new one!

Shauno,
and others with an opinion or knowledge on this matter!
With the new Newman government, we thought, as Small Scale Gold Miners, that Campbell, reportably a fossicker/prospector himself, would endeavour to relax or at least simplify the rules and regs we need to comply with?

This from the 'Miners Right' the newsletter from the NQMA:

Meetings in Brisbane on 28th and 29th August were a direct result of Premier Newmans clear instruction to the two departments concerned (Natural Resources and Mines and Environment and Heritage Protection) to Develop an easy to access, low cost , small scale production permit so small miners can get in and have a go, with limited red tape.
Premier Newman has shown clear leadership and direction and for the first time in decades there are positive moves to introduce sensible reform to reinvigorate the once vibrant small mining industries in regional and isolated areas of Queensland and encourage industry's to once again 'have a go'. It is now upto the small miners to take advantage of this.The focus of the Brisbane meeting was about opal and gemstone, but there was strong recognition from the small miner groups that similar benefits must flow on to North Queensland and in particular gold, tin , copper and other minerals.

We have seen some in roads I believe with the Gem 'miners', yet as 'gold miners' we have been technically 'refused' any concession ...

Sure, I see down sizing of the Mines dept, everything is going online, I see the Greens sneaking in and influencing policy....

I see changes that could possibly occur that would put a small scale miner more and more into the same basket as the likes of BHP etc...pricing us out of the market...

Could you or your Dad comment??

Cheers,
GM

Latest posts