Some finds from Lowmead

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
KEZZ said:
That sounds like normal for there :) Is clarky's property on the other side of the road aswell? I have not even looked if there were diggings there.

There are plenty of diggings on the other side of the road Kezz, but I've never found a single thing over there. I have heard of people finding good-sized colourless and smokey crystals on that side of the road but I've had a few digs there and never turned up so much as a single crystal, not even a tiny one.

Thought I'd share this photo that came up on fbook, from Tibet:

1467203193_13516483_1044476668979005_1508316796060283186_n.jpeg

G'day wazza/mechia,

Wooly here I'm only new to fossicking and would enjoy catching up with like minded people for a scratch around and have a look, I've just been at Chinchilla for 14 weeks and really got the bug for shiny and special gemstones, I did find some really great bits of petrified wood. I live at Tannum Sands so it's not far to Lowmead for a look. I've got a shutdown at the Yarwun ally refinery in Gladstone for the next 9 days so I won't get there on a weekend but I will get there soon with a bit of luck we'll cross paths and you could show us a few pointers, I had started to make a high banker for Gold but I'm still looking for a reasonably priced water pump to get started,

Wooly,

Looks like we will have perfect weather for digging tomorrow.
Can't wait to get up to the diggings and find a big one.
Who else is coming for a dig?

Latest posts