Some finds from Lowmead

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
1465388020_20160320_1241060-1-1.jpg

Well took the family out to the diggings again today and we had an absolute blast, non stop nice pieces one after another I didnt wanna leave lol. Next weekend ill be back out with bells on, might see yas there.

Some nice pieces there Jix. love that clear one.
I'll be heading out in the morning, might see some of you out there.

That clear one looks like it would facet a nice stone of a similar colour to the triangle in the above photos. Wishin' I was heading down there right now but I can't this weekend or the next :(

And he was digging just a few metres away from where I pulled out a few little ones. Anyway, proof that big crystals can be found at Lowmead :)

I actually did find what I was after, the shade of purple I haven't found for quite a while. It isn't the light lavender or Rose de France shade, it isn't that dark smoky purple, it's just a nice bright mid-purple. I think it will cut a small stone. I'll put a photo up a later, at the risk of getting crystal envy :)

How come his shirt is so clean?..everytime I dig there i am covered in crap haha. I look worse than the dog.. Really nice finds though

I can tell you exactly where it is ,but won't do you any good. My bro cleaned it out well before we left. Was into old diggings all around.

That sounds like normal for there :) Is clarky's property on the other side of the road aswell? I have not even looked if there were diggings there.

Latest posts