Some finds from Lowmead

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ktmman said:
Went for a dig yesterday,Rockhound came and found the crystal of the day of think.

I did however find what I think is the other half of a plate I found last time I went out.https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/img/member-images/3012/1462163338_lowmead_22.jpg
https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/img/member-images/3012/1462163399_lowmead_1.jpg
https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/img/member-images/3012/1462163432_lowmead_33.jpg
Good to see you and your bro up there ktm :D That smoky cluster is pretty sweet.Heres my best bit from yesterday
1462167591_img_1848.jpg

1462167591_img_1849.jpg
The crystal in situ
1462167763_img_1847.jpg

Likewise Rockhound.
Nice piece alright,good to see you where able to get an extraction photo.I love it when you see that black in the wall before they fall out.

Hi just got a question for you guys ...just wanting to know if its worth having a look around cania, monal, kroombit area for gems ...as we have been up there before looking for gold with the metal detectors..... Thoughts would be greatly appreciated as new to looking for gemstones and minerals

hi folks and how r all goin
thinkin of headin up on sunday
be good to catch up with old faces and new
cheers len

Hi guys went up there saturday and there is a sign on either end of clarks road saying that it is closed to the public from the 6th to the 17th may as they as a motorbike and 4x4 event

wazza/mechia said:
Hi guys went up there saturday and there is a sign on either end of clarks road saying that it is closed to the public from the 6th to the 17th may as they as a motorbike and 4x4 event
Hi wazza/mechia, That sign is just saying that Clarkeys Petrolhead Paradise which is a 4x4 park on Clarkes Road will be closed to the public during that time due to there being a 4x4 event.The public diggings on clarkes road are open as usual.
Cheers :)

Well we went up there an a old bloke told us we werent allowed in the due to what was going on even after what we told him what we were up there for

Just for interest - my brother, nephew and niece were at Clarky's during that event. My niece stopped her bike along the track for a moment, then when she looked down to put the kickstand up, beside her foot was an amethyst crystal about the size of a golf ball. I haven't seen it with my own eyes yet but I've seen some photos on facebook and it doesn't look too bad. I'd need to see it first hand to determine if there is facetable material in it but she hasn't said if she wants it faceted or if she just wants to keep it as a nice specimen. Looks like a nice bright purple without any smokey tints.

I think you would find crystal deposits dotted all about the Lowmead area - just getting access is the problem.

I think it might be time to take my motorbike up to clarkies and do a little off road riding.
Hopefully I can avoid hitting a tree while I'm paying too much attention to the ground.

ktmman said:
I think it might be time to take my motorbike up to clarkies and do a little off road riding.
Hopefully I can avoid hitting a tree while I'm paying too much attention to the ground.

Yeah, that's the problem isn't it? Once you start looking at the ground, you can't stop :D

I wonder if Clarky could be convinced to open up a part of his show as a little fossicking park?

Lefty said:
ktmman said:

Yeah, that's the problem isn't it? Once you start looking at the ground, you can't stop :D

I wonder if Clarky could be convinced to open up a part of his show as a little fossicking park?
I was thinking the same thing Lefty.Might be worth having a chat to clarky about opening up a bit of ground for fossicking.Worth a try ;)

Rockhound said:
Lefty said:
ktmman said:

I was thinking the same thing Lefty.Might be worth having a chat to clarky about opening up a bit of ground for fossicking.Worth a try ;)

Yep, I reckon it's worth a try Rockhound. He could let a bunch of dedicated fossickers - ie, us :D - have a fossick over the property to help determine where the best deposits might be located. Charge a small fee for people to dig, they can camp at his camp ground - hell, if he can afford the insurance to run a park where people are screaming up and down mountainsides on dirt bikes and off-road contraptions then surely he could just add a little fenced-off fossicking area to what he already has and make some extra $$$.

Latest posts