Home sampling finally started

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Puddler Bill, can you describe how you can tell if a rock has been enriched by the supergene process? I've found some Quartz which might have gone through the process but would like to know more about it. Thanks!

Metamorphic said:
Hey Pete, a few .jpg's for you of the filter setup on my HB.

Makes for a nice compact, take anywhere, unit!

I use the 2-stroke water pump in the field, and a 240v electric pump at home in the garage only because its silent....can HB and filter at night without waking the Mrs up. :p

Have the filter setup for either running garden hose from tap, or 1" layflat from pump.

http://i58.tinypic.com/mcym0w.jpg

http://i59.tinypic.com/v669e0.jpg

http://i60.tinypic.com/v8ijbb.jpg

How is the shed going along?

Cheers mate ;)

did you build that mate?

20xwater said:
did you build that mate?

Well I put it together if thats what you mean?

All parts were ebay purchases after much research for months.

Whole setup....HBanker, fine gold filter, pump, hoses, classifiers, recirculating tubs etc about a grand all up.

;)

Supergene Enrichment.
A mineral deposition process in which near-surface oxidation produces acidic solutions that leach metals, carry them downward, and reprecipitate them, thus enriching sulfide minerals already present. Basically it means that minerals in the weathered zone of an ore deposit above the water table are leached out and reform usually as concentrated sulphide deposits just below the water table, thus resulting in an enrichment zone which can carry values up to 10 times more than the zone above the water table. An enrichment zone is usually identified by an increase in sulphides, iron oxide, copper, silver or other minerals. This is why many hard rock mines were worked to the water table and just below in the old days. Because the miners would takeout this high grade ore and then leave what was below as it often carried lesser values. Many times mines were described as closing because of water when in fact they closed because the miners pumped the water down to a level where they could mine the enriched ore, recovered the good stuff, then stopped pumping and closed the mine.
It was in the 1980's when geologists finally understood the physical characteristics of Supergene Enrichment, that led to the Mining Boom in W.A.
The blokes in the 1800's were a lot smarter than we give them credit for.

Prospector B, I have added a picture to explain what a supergene or enrichment zone is.
If you post a pic. of the quartz etc I can probably tell you if it came from an enrichment zone or not.
1414703815_supergene_enrichment.png

1414704463_enriched_ore.jpg

Crikey Boss, 8)
Just how big is your sucker bottle??? :eek:

Ryan27 said:
I recently tried a blue bowl for cleaning up concentrates from the crusher. It was pretty easy to set up and I was impressed with the results given that the complete set was very cheep excluding deep cell battery for the pump. I think I will add a gold filter as another run. I think there could be a fare bit left in the bucket.https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/img/member-images/1074/1414407369_image.jpg
It was an awesome sunny Sunday afternoon, my daughter Olivia ran the concentrates for me.
https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/img/member-images/1074/1414407991_image.jpg
Then simply pick the gold out with a sucker bottle...https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/img/member-images/1074/1414408119_image.jpg :lol:

I had to have a go at that one. PMSL.
The photo of your daughter along with a few others on here should be used as a way to promote prospecting as it should be mate.
Don't get me wrong but that is a gold photo.
Please tell her from a perfect stranger that it is indeed one that she should keep it in her album for the rest of her life.

Doug

Tathradj said:
The photo of your daughter along with a few others on here should be used as a way to promote prospecting as it should be mate.
Please tell her from a perfect stranger that it is indeed one that she should keep it in her album for the rest of her life.

Doug
Thanks Doug
My daughter has been prospecting with me from day dot. She loves it! She loves the gold too ! :)

Awesome,
I hope the kids keep the family tradition going. Hopefully one day gold will be worth a ridiculous amount and our kids will know exactly where to look and how to extract it.

LOL,
Going to have verrry expensive taste,s LOL
Nah mate.
Let her know that gold is in the knowing. :D

Ryan27 said:
Tathradj said:

Doug
Thanks Doug
My daughter has been prospecting with me from day dot. She loves it! She loves the gold too ! :)

Thanks Puddler Bill, I've crushed all my samples so no photos. The Quartz did not look like your photos but the situation seems to fit. Thanks for the info!

They started the shed today and it's going to be finished by the weekend, now to start planning the layout.
The pergola went up on Monday and I spent yesterday painting, got to get the rest done by Sunday before the roof goes on Monday.
Itching to get my 4 different sample lots processed and see if it's worth pursuing any of the locations.
Patients is not something I'm good at, but I'm learning fast :|
1415167391_dsc06336.jpg

1415168367_dsc06338.jpg

Thanks guys, it is 9mLx7mDx2.7mH at the wall.
3x7 (far bay) will be workshop with single roller door where I'll set up the sampling gear and the other 6x7 will be man cave/music room and sound proofed with only a single door to the front, single door to workshop via the dividing wall.

HTY, I went through Ranbuild in Carrum Downs who are actually A & M Garages and Sheds. The material is Aus. made (Lysaught)

Latest posts