Trina's 1st gold,1st gram(end of a dig)

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

20x

scott
Reaction score
Took my girlfriend to have her first dig and crack at highbanking today. I ripped the last of the good ground i had left at this section, handed her the shovel and away she went.

Here she is after about 3 hours of banking and says "this is awsome fun, look at my tailing pile grow"...

1412164791_trina_loading.jpg

A few shovels to go...

1412164971_last_load_low.jpg

Her first gold...

1412165141_trinas_gram.jpg

Trina is instantly addicted and wants me to build her a HB so we can sluice side by side in the future. Best grilfriend a prospector could have and im a very happy man :)

My latest mod to the drop section under the hopper. This works so good that it recovers about 70% before the first riffle...

1412166076_trap_empty.jpg

1412166108_trap_full.jpg

1412166138_system_wet.jpg

1412166167_system_dry.jpg

Happy days :cool:

Good on you guys, doesn't take much to get hooked, my husband bought a 5000 a year ago this week end I tagged along as the digger found my first little nugget first time out, that was it hooked I played up and nagged for 12 months that I wanted my own detector, 2 weeks ago he bought me a new 4800 with 14x9 nugget finder coil really what more can a girl want.

I'm the one planning where we are going now.

Ok so the reason its my nugget is I dug it so I found it. Ha

Enjoy all
Margaret :lol:

KIM-MARGARET said:
Good on you guys, doesn't take much to get hooked, my husband bought a 5000 a year ago this week end I tagged along as the digger found my first little nugget first time out, that was it hooked I played up and nagged for 12 months that I wanted my own detector, 2 weeks ago he bought me a new 4800 with 14x9 nugget finder coil really what more can a girl want.

I'm the one planning where we are going now.

Ok so the reason its my nugget is I dug it so I found it. Ha

Enjoy all
Margaret :lol:

You rock Meg!
I'm going to get my better half to read your post, then tell her I'm really looking for diamonds... see if that works ;)

Jaros said:
Kim-Margaret, do you mean that your husband detected the nugget and you dug it up for you/him yous' ???
Bugger !!!!

heh! yeah I thought that's what you had kids for!

Mines getting a nice shovel and spade set this xmas courtesy of father Xmas - and its not for the beach! :p

how do I convince my better half to get excited too. She has been with us a few times and even though we find colour and gets excited she still loses interest after a couple hours.

There has to be a trick to it... :p

I've mulled over whether or not to post on this because I don't know the exact circumstances of the fossicking. I think it is great that an obviously keen couple is having a good go.

However, personally I am a bit concerned about the pictures in this post as they show a lot of muddy water in a possibly flowing stream and also a lot of work in terms of piles of tailings and holes.

Given the current issues around the report by the environmental commission, and their push to reduce sluicing, and the green propaganda machine, it would be good to have pictures that:

did not show water siltation in the process of sluicing

and did show that the necessary backfilling and make good after the sluicing has in taken place.

It would be good if you could post photos of the 'after' job as well -- for the benefit of sluicers so they can see that it is the right thing to backfill all holes, even in the creeks.

This is an issue for all sluicers everywhere, but especially for Victoria where the microscope is on what you do.

All I saw was the plastic? sloped expanded...keen to know where to get some.

have a good look up the creek(no moving water), the only movement are the ripples from foot movement and the water pouring out the bottom of the machinery. I'd say that the next time you see that bit of creek you would not be able to tell if it had been worked, even the banks would be cleared of rocks.
Imadogman said:
I've mulled over whether or not to post on this because I don't know the exact circumstances of the fossicking. I think it is great that an obviously keen couple is having a good go.

However, personally I am a bit concerned about the pictures in this post as they show a lot of muddy water in a possibly flowing stream and also a lot of work in terms of piles of tailings and holes.

Given the current issues around the report by the environmental commission, and their push to reduce sluicing, and the green propaganda machine, it would be good to have pictures that:

did not show water siltation in the process of sluicing

and did show that the necessary backfilling and make good after the sluicing has in taken place.

It would be good if you could post photos of the 'after' job as well -- for the benefit of sluicers so they can see that it is the right thing to backfill all holes, even in the creeks.

This is an issue for all sluicers everywhere, but especially for Victoria where the microscope is on what you do.