Down the beach with the Sovereign

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
All recent drops ...tide was already about 3/4 full when i arrived. Not bad considering this is the same beach and same area i went over with the Ace earlier in the week.
Im almost positive others had been detecting here on sunday too... So i guess this is lot was dropped on the day ;)

Sandta said:
Went down to the beach for a couple of hours late this arvo till dark. The tide was rising, so spent the time high and dry
No gold or silver rings , but did get a beautiful big pink bling one :p
$29.75 ....not quite enough to not have to go to work tomorrow ... But not too bad :D

What no pics? :)

Sorry guys ... I didnt realise
Heres the pic of the goodies :D
The rubbish went in the bin at the beach , mainly whole cans and those foil drink seals and a couple of durry packets( sure they sound just like what you dont want but you never know what could be inside)
Oh ye the pics ... Nearly forgot again :rolleyes:
1412668137_image.jpg

Yes, the coins are very clean, recent drops. you sure are getting a bank going there. your finds are increasing all the time. must be doing something right. :p

Throwing a few coins out just to watch you work? Or something more sinister? She might be working up the courage to ask you for a date....or him, for equality purposes

Just to show that not every day is a winning day... I went to the beach this arvo after work( 5 min from site) got there around 6:30pm . I had intended to get there earlier for the low tide but had to work back. Any way i went straight to the rocks at the waters edge then worked my way back up , searching all around them .... Nothing. :( so i walked along the waters edge and came across a 3 meter square patch of rocks about tennis ball size and smaller, searched all around them ... Nothing . I moved higher up and walked along the high tide line ... Nothing , so i started heading back zig zagging up in the dry stuff ... Bottle top , bottle top , tuna can , juice popper , another bottle top .... Woo Hoo ... 20 cents , durry packet( empty) another bottle top
That was my 2 hour hunt :rolleyes:
Sorry guys no pictures of the booty tonight

Your making me feel better as you've been on fire mate of late. I'm sure you guys work plenty hard enough to score your finds, I'm not far from 200 coins for the year, but its a real treasure trove when you have parks and beaches ( not to mention parks at beaches haha). Thanks for all your inspiration of late and keep entertaining all us shooters out there.

can't win em all, I went out the other night ,hit the realy low tide areas,....nothing at all, around $3.30 up in a park, so I think someone with a salt water lovin deep target finding machine musta beat me to it after the holidays finished.

Got to the beach around 4:30 this arvo. Low tide was 5:30 .
The first target was a camera lens abut 18" down
Next was a crusty match box car ... Deep , damn you have to work quick as the hole collapses in on itself faster than you can dig it :rolleyes:
I got about $12, including a few crusty coins
Again , i worked down as close to, and at times shin deep in water. There was another bloke detecting up high in the dry sand.
I slowly worked my way up higher, picking the occasional coin in amongst the usual trash including a sealed condom( might hang on to that.... Maybe can waterproof my pinpointer with it :lol: )
1413027998_image.jpg

As i moved up higher , i extended my search area further along the beach past where the other bloke was hunting( i could see his scoop drag marks)
Within about half a dozen swings , i found a ring :p
1413028498_image.jpg

1413028531_image.jpg

1413028553_image.jpg

It obviously hasnt been there long , doesnt even look scratched
The marks inside it.... 375 ... CZ GM1C
Good score ... Although this was almost 4 hours worth
Good thing i still have a real job ;)
Heading out to the farm in the morning... Just for the day ... hope to get some sort of search in... :D

Purty gold ring. good find. another good hunt there. great combo, Sov. and the Ace. the condom would be handy to keep your nose warm and dry, wotta honker. :D

pretty sure cz is cubic zirconia. not sure about the gm1c though,...nice find Sandta

silver said:
pretty sure cz is cubic zirconia. not sure about the gm1c though,...nice find Sandta
The gm stands for goldmark which is a jewellers not sure about the 1c may be it's a 1 carat cz or the size

Latest posts