THE FORUM

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

joao garimpeiro

Joo Novaes Neto
Reaction score
I would like to congratulate this excellent forum !!
I'm really enjoying being part of it. Here is good mates with excellent posts.
I would like to wish good luck to all! :)

1411487309_joao_garimpeioro.jpg

Thank you all !!

Hi Joao,

I couldn't agree with you more. This a fantastic forum and site. As much as its all about gold, it also has some amazingly talented people in so many different fields and skills.

Lambi

Excellent bunch of guys and gals on here for sure Joao, and great to see the forum spreading around the world promoting this great hobby of ours. Enjoy reading your posts and adventures in Brazil and your country is one I would love to see one day. Take care out there in those mines.

Cheers Wal.

Hi Lambs73,
This is a fantastic forum. Here in Brazil we have no forum of miners.
Good luck and lots of gold for you! :)

Joao, it has been a great forum for me too. I've had the pleasure to meet a few of the people, so much knowledge & willingness to help.

I had to have a look at where you live, it looks like an interesting big city (Av Adolfo Moitinho). Google earth is a great tool. How far do you have to go to hunt the yellow?

excellent forum, Wal!
When you want to come to Brazil, please contact me, it will be a pleasure to meet you.
Thank you, mate

Good luck to you always as well, Joao! I'ts great to have such an assortment of members locations, and you take it one step further! Your country has a lot of great minerals and resources, I would love to go there one day too :) Joao o maior garimpeiro!!

Hi Slowflow,
This forum is very good, mate !!
The google eart really is a great tool, I use it a lot here at my computer.
The city I live is the one you saw on google eart, but where I hunt gold is another city (Gentio do Ouro) there is approximately 200km. It was there that I found the beautiful nuggets that I posted here in the forum.
Thanks for commenting, mate.

Thank AtomRat,
would be a pleasure to go in the gold mines with you here in Brazil !!
I saw your post with the pictures of your beautiful girls. Congratulations you have beautiful daughters !! and i could see how much you love them.
Good luck and lots of gold for you !!

Hi Joao, I'm sure many readers would be interested in what prospecting is like in your area , such as are there many prospectors /detectorists ? is it easy to get detectors there and what brands are popular ? do you have similar soil and minerals associated with gold as Australia? do you have clubs or groups who fossick together etc? is that your gold pan in your picture it looks like wood and very shallow? any dangers involved when searching for gold in your country ?
thanks mate ,sorry so many questions but is interesting about other countries
cheers , flash

flashinthepan said:
Hi Joao, I'm sure many readers would be interested in what prospecting is like in your area , such as are there many prospectors /detectorists ? is it easy to get detectors there and what brands are popular ? do you have similar soil and minerals associated with gold as Australia? do you have clubs or groups who fossick together etc? is that your gold pan in your picture it looks like wood and very shallow? any dangers involved when searching for gold in your country ?
thanks mate ,sorry so many questions but is interesting about other countries
cheers , flash

Hi Flash,
Here's quite prospectors.
The most popular here are Minelab detector, are favorite of prospectors.
The soil here is far less mineralized than that of Australia and in some mining the soil is almost white, which makes it a quiet search for the detectors.
Here unfortunately has no groups in my area and also there is no forum.
It's not wood, it is made of steel sheet and here we call "calumb" very used by us to take the gravel pit.
As for the danger, there are some areas that there is danger, such as Indians, etc. .. But here and in the state of Gois is very quiet for prospector and mining are mostly free requires no authorization.
I'm happy to answer your questions and can ask whenever you want, will be a pleasure to answer, mate
Thanks for commenting!
:)

TTKooAu said:
Hi Joao,
yes, like Flash, I'm interested in hearing the brazilian story also.

:)

Hi TTKooAU,

Here's quite prospectors.
The most popular here are Minelab detector, are favorite of prospectors.
The soil here is far less mineralized than that of Australia and in some mining the soil is almost white, which makes it a quiet search for the detectors.
Here unfortunately has no groups in my area and also there is no forum.
It's not wood, it is made of steel sheet and here we call "calumb" very used by us to take the gravel pit.
As for the danger, there are some areas that there is danger, such as Indians, etc. .. But here and in the state of Gois is very quiet for prospector and mining are mostly free requires no authorization.
I'm happy to answer your questions and can ask whenever you want, will be a pleasure to answer, mate
Thanks for commenting!

Nugget said:
joao garimpeiro said:
I would like to congratulate this excellent forum !!
I'm really enjoying being part of it. Here is good mates with excellent posts.
I would like to wish good luck to all! :)

https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/img/member-images/2904/1411487309_joao_garimpeioro.jpg

Thank you all !!

Cheers joao, I'm glad you're enjoying the forum so far :)

HI Nugget,

Excellent forum, mate
I wish it had a forum here in Brasil, but unfortunately it has not.
I thank you for this forum, very good !! :)

Thanks very much for your reply ,all very interesting , I'm in the state of Victoria we have some 'dangers" such as snakes but not really an issue ,more likely to fall down a hole :p getting lost is a concern as we have large areas of bushland especially in the larger states so we have to take precautions , no problems with "indians" though ,hmm :/
Is the prospecting equipment expensive ?,can the average person afford to buy much equipment such as the calumbe or do you make it yourselves , what about dredging ?
sorry mate ,more questions :D
cheers Joao , flash

flashinthepan said:
Thanks very much for your reply ,all very interesting , I'm in the state of Victoria we have some 'dangers" such as snakes but not really an issue ,more likely to fall down a hole :p getting lost is a concern as we have large areas of bushland especially in the larger states so we have to take precautions , no problems with "indians" though ,hmm :/
Is the prospecting equipment expensive ?,can the average person afford to buy much equipment such as the calumbe or do you make it yourselves , what about dredging ?
sorry mate ,more questions :D
cheers Joao , flash

Hi flash
Despite the dangers of emotion to find gold outperforms all !!
The calumb, we do even with the old iron stove plate. The calumb is done manually and very cheap.
the dredging here do not do that, we work only with metal detectors.
Whenever you have more questions, feel free to questions, mate! :)

Latest posts