Cant dig ,can cut?

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Here's a few more pretty's to ooh over. 15.4ct Antique rectangle green tourm. 15.80ct Pink and green tourmaline emerald cut. Green tourms.
1411125624_pic_1004.jpg
1411125646_pic_1020.jpg
1411125672_pic_0999.jpg

I like them all nice work how long dose it take for the more complex cut compared to simple cut :)

I am not a stone cutter and know only what I have read about cutting , but your fast cutting system intrigues me, do you run into problems with contamination between the different grades of cut ? what steps do you take to avoid it ?

The outer rim is 1200 sintered copper and is water cooled which flushes away the swarf.
the next section(the middle) is 3000 mesh compound applied to in this case a zinc lap.
the centre is a special alloy that's low scratch high polishing finish on 50,000 to 200,000 mesh.
200,000 for sapphire.
If you wipe and inspect your facet as you would anyway then no cross contamination will occur.
When a senior moment occurs then the lap is wiped clean with spray dregreaser and fresh compound
is applied.

I am Dughug.
Have a look at my blog http://gemcutters.blogspot.com.au/
Im in the final stages of tooling up but have been selling for a month now. A few minor tweeks to machines and making systems to make the system so to speak.
I just finished my flat lapping system with an auto grit feed and osciiation attachment.

Latest posts