Digging out a reef

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ArmstrongIndustries

Armstrong Industries
Reaction score
Just thought I'd share some photos from a reef we dug out. We were using the SDC to follow the stringer. Once I've crushed all the rock with the GRB 777XL I'll post some more pics and results.
1410142109_image.jpg

1410142267_image.jpg
1410142306_image.jpg

Is it JUST a Stringer? if so I would be following the strike to try to find the main REEF, or has it been mined out? so many questions, a wider shot of the area would be nice!! was the stringer visible at the surface?
Lee

Hey Al

Are you friends with some people from Adelaide by any chance. They were just over in WA themselves and meet up with some friends. They went prospecting found a bit. My friends left after a while and the people who are in WA kept going and came across a nice reef.

Regards Darryn

rc62burke said:
Is it JUST a Stringer? if so I would be following the strike to try to find the main REEF, or has it been mined out? so many questions, a wider shot of the area would be nice!! was the stringer visible at the surface?
Lee
Hey Lee
The nearest shaft is about 400m away up on a small hill. The stringer was on the surface in a creek in the flats. We have followed it down about 1.5 metres.
If I wasn't so busy building crushers we'd still be out there chipping away at the reef. So it's covered up till we can spare the time to get back out there mate.

dwt said:
good find and good score, love your work!!!!
be good promo's having your crushers smash up rock that holds gold, "prospecting gear by prospectors" :D
top stuff guys keep the pics coming :cool:
Thanks DWT,
Yes I will make a full you tube vid of the whole process from the digging out, crushing and processing.
The material is a bit wet at the moment so letting it dry out before I put it through the crusher.

ArmstrongIndustries said:
dwt said:
good find and good score, love your work!!!!
be good promo's having your crushers smash up rock that holds gold, "prospecting gear by prospectors" :D
top stuff guys keep the pics coming :cool:
Thanks DWT,
Yes I will make a full you tube vid of the whole process from the digging out, crushing and processing.
The material is a bit wet at the moment so letting it dry out before I put it through the crusher.
I can't wait to see this!

Are you guys allowed to use power tools to dig in WA? We'd get strung up here in NSW!

Latest posts