Short VID on Hi-banking for Sapphires at Grabben Gullen Creek

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well done Wal and Liz, some fantastic stones there and I just can't get enough of that amazing nugget :p. You've now got me 100% sold on forward classifying :)

Will definitely make one now Wal, and I'm going to call it WHB (Wals HighBanker) I have been searching for almost year and a half before seeing yours in action for something that could do gems. :) the closest I could come up (plans) was a jig pulsator which was too mechanised and most likely not allowed in the hobby prospecting department but more classified as mining operation. This project is on the list

Jig pulsators are by far the best sapphire recovery systems around and get close to 95% of the sapphires. The best you can expect Hi-banking with the system i use would be 90% recovery. ;) In saying that though , if you leave a sieve at the end you will convert that 90% to 100%. :D You also get the added advantage of getting all the gold as well. :D The biggest bonus is you get to process up to 50 times more dirt than a sieve , :) you don't have to bend down 100 times a day to sieve....great for the back....and you don't have to chase away those GG leaches all day...Cheers Wal. :)

Yes leaches they are like piranhas always get about 10 on the gumboots while sieving. The fingers learned to stay just above the water. And I have to agree saving your back by not bending for every shovel sieving. GG gives little bit of yellow very fine similar to Ford.( you most likely seen the youtube clip - Montana Sapphire Claims:portable Concentrator)? That's the jig I had in mind but your HB seems little easier to make. Owen at GG is great guy and five bucks a day is well worth it. :)

Portability is the answer Joe....Seen Montanas concentrator, and it would be great on a small mining lease where you truck the dirt to a central plant area. Would hate to try and carry that thing any distance. For me ...I'll stick to the Banker. :)

You have convinced me Wal :) strait after I've seen the vid. The results are the proof :) I just have not seen a highbanker that does both with success before. Champion mate

Hi WalnLiz,

I've watched all your stuff on YouTube and I've loved every minute of it. In fact when I'm putting my six year old son to bed we will often watch your movies before sleep time. I'm a big fan of your work and look forward to meeting you both. Keep up the great work, it's inspiring a whole new generation of prospectors.

Copper said:
Hi WalnLiz,

I've watched all your stuff on YouTube and I've loved every minute of it. In fact when I'm putting my six year old son to bed we will often watch your movies before sleep time. I'm a big fan of your work and look forward to meeting you both. Keep up the great work, it's inspiring a whole new generation of prospectors.

Thanks for the comment Cooper :) You might have to buy the little fellow a gold pan now so he can get some colour for himself. :eek: ...Hope to catch up on the stream soon mate...Cheers Wal. :)

I love to watch your videos..fantastic! ..I never was into fossicking until I came across one of your YouTube videos..now I own a sluice box..a metal detector and pans..and the addiction keeps on going..still to find anything other than a few rusty corned beef tins tho..still a novice..but keep up the fantastic work guys.. your videos just motivates you to go out and not give up!..happy hunting!

You've picked yourself a great hobby Nikos and I'm sure you'll find it gives you many rewards...The more you learn about it the greater the reward will become....eventually you will make your own luck. All the best .Wal.

Latest posts