most common minerals associated with gold in hard rock mining

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
gold in quartz a speck size peace I cracked open while crushing some gold bearing ore
now the most associated minerals you will find near or next to gold are iron pyrite arsenopyrite chalcopyrite copper antimony
silver sulphur calcite quartz just to name a few

will add more pics when I can by the way these images are my own taken under a microscope for a better look at them

stibnite crystals under a microscope white is quartz

iron pyrite crystal

antimony

arggggggg
drooling_homer-712749.png

Cheers for those pics, I have been looking at many old tailing piles to see if they had hit similar looking reefs. I have not seen pyrite crystals yet, but will keep my eyes open. Is the size of the quartz crystalline structure abnormal in any way when you get to the good stuff? Like are the crystals bigger in the quartz.

Hey HTY thanks for the pics. Not trying to rain on your parade as Im not sure myself from the pics but how did you come to the conclusion that the samples with the 50c piece were stibnite/ antimony. also the pyrite crysatals look a bit like galena to me. Im just thinking out load here as Im genuinely interested in the process of ID you used.
Golddig Im not quite sure what your trying to say?

jethro said:
Hey HTY thanks for the pics. Not trying to rain on your parade as Im not sure myself from the pics but how did you come to the conclusion that the samples with the 50c piece were stibnite/ antimony. also the pyrite crysatals look a bit like galena to me. Im just thinking out load here as Im genuinely interested in the process of ID you used.
Golddig Im not quite sure what your trying to say?

Umm drooling over these samples. ....... your not a simpsons kid :)

Latest posts