Easter Monday High banking at Grabben Gullen

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WalnLiz

Wal nLiz
Reaction score
1364899621_img_7521_800x600.jpg

The best stone for the day was a magnificent top grade 34 carat Parti coloured Sapphire.

1364899565_img_7540_773x800.jpg

The 34 carat stone with a few smaller Sapphires and Zircons...was good to get the cobwebs out of the Hi-banker...Cheers, Wal :)

Thanks kem....I guess every now and then things just seem to fall in place....but as you know....we don't smile as much on every occasion...Cheers Wal, :)

Awesome Wal :) good choice GG , Tuena was packed . I'm now itchy for sapphires mate lucky to get about a gram of yellow up there. My HB is not made for sapphires so in my spare time I'll follow your design and hopefully it will be ready for next summer :) in the mean time it's the sieves lol I bet your pressure increased when you spotted the lovely parti :)

Hi joe ...only stayed a day at Tuena because of the massive crowd....never seen it like that before. Couldn't find you guys on the creek so went to creek 406 to run the banker, and the damn creek was dry. :( Good thing i chucked the detector in. :). Did a vid on the hi-banking at GG and Liz saw the 34ct parti on the classifier. Shows why we use this system, as a grizzly would have seen the sapphire donated back to the stream. Cheers Wal. :)

Hi all,

WalnLiz, another great result thanks for sharing. We have good gemfields here in Central Australia, but we've never taking an interest in fossiking for them, that might change soon :)

Jim & Kerrie

Do yourself a favor Jim and take the plunge ;) ...It can be as addictive as the gold and more rewarding in $ terms when it comes to paying the petrol bills for the prospecting trips....Cheers Wal. :)

Good on you Wal & Liz.
Putting in the hard work of research, making your own gear & putting in the hours on the ground is paying of nicely.
Great results for the weekend :D

A beautiful stone there mate .. Ever ventured up here to the North? I reckon you'd have ball on with the gemstones. (Just leave the 5000 at home .. OK!)

Regards,
The Digger

Get up to sunny QLD quite often Digger, ;) ..especially around the Cloncurry region and Agate Creek area. Some magnificent scenery and gems,..not to mention the fishing :eek: , Next trip up I'll leave the battery for the 5000 at home mate...lol :D Bring up a spare D9 dozer instead, and a bullet proof vest...lol ;) Cheers Wal. :)

Somehow I reckon you and the missus and the 5000 would be very welcome up here Wal .. especially if you brought up the D9 (great prospecting tool/accessory aren't they) .. Got about 18ks of access track you could touch up for me. And nice little haul posted In the gold area mate, .. which coil were you using?

Love to catch up for a beer one day Digger...and promise to leave the 5000 in Cairns (or somewhere ). :D May sneak in a teeny weeny little gold pan though, and only use it while wearing a blindfold...lol :D. Got 4 in crevices with a Nugget Finder 8" x 6" and 3 with a Nugget Finder 17" x 11". Have a lot of success in this area with my Coiltek 14" x 9" blitz and find it runs much quieter in wet ground....best of luck up that way...Cheers Wal. :)

Wow you guys had a great long weekend :cool:
I will have to check Grabben Gullen out, been meaning to for a while now but just havnt made the time. Would love to add a saphire or two to the collection ;)

shivan said:
Wow you guys had a great long weekend :cool:
I will have to check Grabben Gullen out, been meaning to for a while now but just havnt made the time. Would love to add a saphire or two to the collection ;)

Let me know when you can spare a day mate and you can tag along....sapphires can be a lot of fun.Cheers Wal

kemjak57 said:
I'll look after the 5000 Wal :D

Thanks for the offer Kem.....But i'll need you to come along...apparently you need someone to watch your back up in that hostile country...lol.cheers Wal.

Latest posts