Vista Gold DeepTech detector

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Many users on this forum only use Minelab or Garret.

I don't. I keep an open mind.

I am Fully aware of the machine and at one point thought
About purchasing that machine or the xp goldmaxx.

Then you have the fisher f19 which has been introduced
As well. All i think have been designed for unmasking
Targets in high iron with the vista running on a higher
Frequency.

The xp goldmaxx is not sold here in Aus but can be
Imported 2nd hand from the Uk and the xp deus i think
has a goldmaxx Program.

I'm using Vista, the only one question is how it will be work on your high mineralized ground. This is a question.

Wolfau said:
Many users on this forum only use Minelab or Garret.

I don't. I keep an open mind.

What about Whites? It seems quite a few members are turning to the White side of late :lol:

To be honest I'd never really heard of the Vista Gold DeepTech detector until now, it could be part of the reason why not many people are using them here, i.e. lack of exposure / availability in Australia.

Sorry nugget, i was referring to relic and coin
Hunting.

I follow another forum which are all experienced
Relic and coin hunters. Some of the best in the
Hobby chat here daily and at one point before i
Bought the G2 had my eye on the vista or the
Goldmaxx.

In reference to your question Not sure how it will
go in out mineralised soils Though.

Most reports I have seen on the European detectors all seem to say the machines are great, very good features etc. but struggle in our mineralised ground. I think this is an area the XP Deus fell down a bit as it was promoted for gold a fair bit initially but appears to have struggled on the ground - as most VLF's will.
If a European manufacturer can get the ground handling abilities up to Aus conditions then the other features would take care of themselves.
No easy task & overseas manufacturers have struggled to do this but are seemingly starting to get there. I remember reading a blog somewhere about Eric Foster conducting ground tests in Australia to prove/disprove talk of our much harsher ground in comparison to the USA. From memory I think some of the Australian areas were something like 10 x higher on his test equipment than what was considered bad ground over there. Not sure of the validity of this but I think most will agree we have some very harsh ground to deal with here & VLF's will struggle in it.

If your coming to Australia to go gold prospecting you'll probably find your ATX a better choice or another PI machine. VLF's can & do find gold here but the areas you can use them are limited on goldfields due to the ground.
Have Vista done any testing in Australia? Maybe they will sponsor some testing & a report from someone heading here if not?

Morgan82 said:
I'm not having any problems with the Deus in mineralised areas thanks to the gold field program. The Deus does have the old goldmaxx program as stated above as well.

Where abouts are you detecting?

How is the depth of the deus?

Thanks

I can compate only to Garrett AT PRO. Much deeper than AT, check videos, you have answer there. Vista has BOOST mode for deep buried objects.

Wolfau said:
Morgan82 said:
I'm not having any problems with the Deus in mineralised areas thanks to the gold field program. The Deus does have the old goldmaxx program as stated above as well.

Where abouts are you detecting?

How is the depth of the deus?

Thanks

I'm based in Ballarat and so far the deepest target I have recovered was about a foot and a half and the signal was still very strong (ive been told it will do much better than this but can't say so from experience).

I also use it up in qld when I'm away for work and have recovered heaps of pre-dec coins some over the foot mark in old areas that have had fill brought in.

I love the weight (just under a kilo) and the lack of cables/wiring. And if I forget the controller you can use it straight off the headset.

Latest posts