Update on the New, Compact Crusher

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Is there an Aussie dealer for the American one? I couldn't find any reference of any for sale here. $12000 "authorised dealer aquisition cost", crikey! Wonder how much it is here, "special Aussie price", like an iphone?

We will have to see where this goes Jaros.
I know what the development costs are and I also know that we didn't reverse engineer the product.
We have also documented every detail down to the mm
I develop my own products, below is some early 3d modelling of my design.
1410820825_image.jpg

Heatho said:
Is there an Aussie dealer for the American one? I couldn't find any reference of any for sale here. $12000 "authorised dealer aquisition cost", crikey! Wonder how much it is here, "special Aussie price", like an iphone?
Some on the forum know I do a lot of work for a manufacturer of a product that is distributed in every prospecting store in Australia except one. I guess if an Australian distributor has payed $12000 for the rights then they are a fool for not advertising in any magazines,ebay,gumtree,FORUMS, or dealer networks throughout OZ.
Also there is a very good reason that I would not try and distribute these into the US and a very good reason why they will come unstuck if they try to sell their product here. However I will keep that one to myself.

CobraCrusher said:
I feel that if we post anything Under this Topic we may be looking like a bully. I assure you that we are not bullies. The owner of this Company Richard Hansen has had so many product ripped off, simulated and out right copied that once a proof of concept is completed we immediately file a Patent and International Intellectual Property filings as well. This unit design is covered by a previous IP Filing by countries that honor IP Filings... and currently Australia and the US have such an agreement.

Understand that Richard Hanson Mining has spent hundreds and thousands on R&D and overseas product are sold by Authorized Distributors. An Authorized Distributor must make a sizable financial investment in product in order to become re-sellers.

When a product is copied it not only hurts our bottom line but the re-seller now must compete with someone who just knocks off an idea and benefits financially from the Money, Time and Effort that Richard Hansen Mining has spent in developing a product for market. Authorized Distributor Acquisition Cost for our product is almost $12,000 per distributor. When a intellectual product is infringed upon it cost the company more than just a few sales.

We would like to discuss this Infringement Issue with you before we, or our authorized dealer for your country, takes any legal action.

We would prefer some kind of licensing agreement instead of having our Distributor in Australia file legal papers on our behalf.

Sincerely,
Christopher Sciullo
[email protected]

PS. Please do not take this lightly.

Thanks for your concerns re this topic Christopher and bringing your concerns to light.

To use our PM facilities you would need to have made 10 posts on the forum, so could you please keep all correspondence regarding this matter private between yourself and Ryan via email. This way we will avoid any forum member input which could detract from the issue at hand.

Cheers Wal.

G'day Ryan, Ozzie here.
This is a brilliant piece of kit.
I am keen to purchase
Could you email me at, removed by moderator so we can work out payment etc?
Thanks in advance mate
Oz

Ryan27 said:
Bazz said:
Hey Ryan

This look s great, I think I'll pass on getting one of your dolly pots....

Is it too early to ask price point ???????

Thanks

Bazz
Hi Bazz,
I am finalising pricing now. I think that they will Retail at around $600 dollars ( this includes 5" grinder )
I will be doing a special for Forum members as a product intro for $ 395 plus P&H
This will be very temporary !
Hopefully the product is well supported so large batches can be manufactured to keep pricing down
Cheers Ryan

Thanks for showing Ryan support Ozzie, but in the interests of possible backlash, could we keep "all correspondence" re this item via the PM and email system for the time being.

I'm sure Ryan will keep us posted as to the eventual outcome and he has all our full support on his product.

Cheers Wal.

Thanks Wal
I wish to resolve the matter privately as mention above.
However I have not been presented with any evidence, that I have in fact infringed on any person or company rights.
If I am informed otherwise and I am advised by my solicitor to cease providing any product info then I will let every body know.
Until this happens It will be business as normal.
Don't hesitate to ask questions.
As Wal mentioned PM or email is best in regards to sales
Have a Great Day!

P.S. I am currently designing a NEVER before seen, portable crusher. This will be my new WIZ BANG ! Model
I will keep you all posted! :)

Ryan,

We at Cobra Crusher will not in any way or by any legal action keep you from selling your product... Nor do we wish that you stop inventing or making products that make Prospecting more enjoyable for the whole gold mining and prospecting community. All that we are looking for is some kind of acknowledgement that perhaps some of the thought behind your product was assisted or enhanced by information you may have gleaned from The Cobra Crusher unit or similar product that Hansen Mining has produced in the past.

The Moderator of this group has made it abundantly clear that this forum is no a place to air dirty laundry. I knew that the post that was made would cause some tension. The information in the post was just to let everyone know that some Gold Prospecting Companies have made it a habit to directly copy products that have cost the inventors years or Research & Development and countless hours and financial investment.

Some of the folks that have made post to your original post have even stated that your product is similar to our Cobra Crusher. Believe me we do not scour the Forums looking for companies that are using technology similar to ours, but we were told directly by a member of this forum that you produced a product that was surprisingly similar to the Cobra Crusher.

My sincerest hope is that you will contact us so that we can have some kind of Licensing Agreement that will allow you to continue to produce and sell your product while it protects our Exclusive Authorized Re-Sellers that have invested large sums of money to sell our Cobra Crusher products in their home country.

If your conversation proves that your product was indeed developed independently without knowledge of The Cobra Crusher or other products developed by Richard Hansen Mining then you will find no bigger champion for the Independent Inventor the Richard Himself.
We welcome and encourage competition from other products and technologies.

I hope this has cleared up any misconception or inappropriate phrasing that I may have used in my initial post.

I apologize to this group and it's kind moderator for your patients and understanding in this matter.

Sincerely,
Christopher Sciullo
Cobra Cursher.com

I read this and am amused by it. Firstly in a previous post I stated I would like to see more example of Rock Crushers, some said there is plenty available in Australia. I have in the past searched for small crusher & found only a few, I had even thought of making something very similar, but it would be a challenge for me.
I also see it look similar on the outside but so do many others that I have seen.

CobraCrusher said:
Ryan,

We at Cobra Crusher will not in any way or by any legal action keep you from selling your product... Nor do we wish that you stop inventing or making products that make Prospecting more enjoyable for the whole gold mining and prospecting community. All that we are looking for is some kind of acknowledgement that perhaps some of the thought behind your product was assisted or enhanced by information you may have gleaned from The Cobra Crusher unit or similar product that Hansen Mining has produced in the past.

The Moderator of this group has made it abundantly clear that this forum is no a place to air dirty laundry. I knew that the post that was made would cause some tension. The information in the post was just to let everyone know that some Gold Prospecting Companies have made it a habit to directly copy products that have cost the inventors years or Research & Development and countless hours and financial investment.

Some of the folks that have made post to your original post have even stated that your product is similar to our Cobra Crusher. Believe me we do not scour the Forums looking for companies that are using technology similar to ours, but we were told directly by a member of this forum that you produced a product that was surprisingly similar to the Cobra Crusher.

My sincerest hope is that you will contact us so that we can have some kind of Licensing Agreement that will allow you to continue to produce and sell your product while it protects our Exclusive Authorized Re-Sellers that have invested large sums of money to sell our Cobra Crusher products in their home country.

If your conversation proves that your product was indeed developed independently without knowledge of The Cobra Crusher or other products developed by Richard Hansen Mining then you will find no bigger champion for the Independent Inventor the Richard Himself.

I hope this has cleared up any misconception or inappropriate phrasing that I may have used in my initial post.

I apologize to this group and it's kind moderator for your patients and understanding in this matter.

Sincerely,
Christopher Sciullo
Cobra Cursher.com
Hi Chris
For the record I have spent thousands of hours conducting maintenance on hard rock crushing equipment. I have repaired, manufactured and invented many items that are related to the prospecting and mining industry. The Compact Crusher is my own idea!
Not yours or Richard Hansen's.
As requested please forward any evidence that states that I may be in breach of any individual or corporate identities intellectual property rights.
If you cannot produce this evidence, please cease accusing me of stealing or your organization could be liable for defamation.
Regards Ryan

PS please forward any further correspondence to my PM

I'm glad that the issues re Chris and Ryan are being addressed, and ask that the forum members use some diplomacy by not involving themselves in these proceedings by posting opinions.

I'm sure Ryan has full control of the situation, and the best way to resolve it is through private correspondence via the PM or email functions.

Ryan has our full support and should he require any member input I'm sure he will ask.

Cheers Wal.

CobraCrusher said:
Ryan,

Sincerely,
Christopher Sciullo
Cobra Cursher.com

Edited........refer to Moderator request above.

Thanks HTY, there will be many differences, but best let Ryan handle this as he will have full control of the situation. Thanks for supporting him as we all do, and I'm sure Ryan will elaborate on the progress as soon as he is able.

Cheers Wal.

WalnLiz said:
Thanks HTY, there will be many differences, but best let Ryan handle this as he will have full control of the situation. Thanks for supporting him as we all do, and I'm sure Ryan will elaborate on the progress as soon as he is able.

Cheers Wal.

will do ;)

I think it is fair to say if I haven't received any correspondence via PM or email then I would feel that the alleged theft was a simple attempt to Bully, Intimidate, Extort, and even attempt of entrapment.
As for the forum member who informed Chris of this Lie! Yes we know who you are. If anyone reads the post through can spot you. Several members including myself and I'm guessing even Blind Freddie :cool: would identify your jump.
Well, what can I say?

How do I go about inventing or developing products?
Usually I google my ideas.

By the way Chris before someone included your link and you made contact here on this forum I had never heard of your organisation or was I aware that your organisation actually existed.

However you seem to believe that you had been wronged in some way, and made some serious accusations.
Let me remind you of something, you are talking out of turn if you think you or any of your associated parties have any legal right to tell me how to go about my business in my country.

If you gave a hoot about the Australian Prospecting industry, you would have spent a bit of time on the forum to find out, a little about who I am and what I am capable of creating.

My understanding of a rotary impact mill consists of several very consistent components.
1. A section of steel pipe
2. An intake chute (Square Hollow section SHS)
3. A shaft( round bar )
4. Bearings and housings
5. Chains or hammers

There is a little more to it, but you get the idea.
( if you google hammer mill, portable crusher, rotary crusher etc you will find hundreds of images that are all very similar by nature).

What we must all understand is that this type of equipment has been around for a long time.
I got my ideas from working on large crushers and the picture on google of the guy who made one of these units who didn't care for patents.
Hence why he shared his idea with me and the rest of the developed world.
The crusher was much larger than the Compact Crusher I created.

You see, Richard Hansen or Ryan27 from Down Under are not great men !
We only take ideas from our fathers and their fathers and build on them.

Their is a great piece of literature from the 12th century it was written by Theologian and author John of Salisbury.
Isaac Newton also used a similar phrase many years later...

"We are like dwarfs sitting on the shoulders of giants.
We see more, and things that are more distant, than they did.
Not because our sight is superior or because we are taller than they,
but because they raise us up and by their great stature add to ours "

I understand you are in business and believe me I understand how tough it is at the moment given the current global financial conditions.
This is not a time to attack each other, this is a time to galvanise our relationships and forge new friendships.
Whether at home and abroad.

We are all in this gold adventure together.

I truly wish you and your business success and I welcome your presence here in Australia.
Albeit a very small market.
I hope you can also stick around on this forum and share your experience with us.
I certainly think that sorting things out in the boardroom are better than the courtroom.

I have posted a link that every one should watch! It's a cracker !

INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NAKa0AJHhL4

Latest posts