Update on the New, Compact Crusher

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I hope you do well with this product. I also look forward to more info. I have viewed others with screen & outlet at the bottom which I believe to be better for 2 reasons.
1/ It seems much more efficient 2/ I also believe it would help keep the grinder cooler by allowing air to flow through rather than just circulate. But this is only my opinion.
Many people have mentioned other crushers but most are from other countries so considerable shipping cost would be incurred.
I'd personally like to see more links a topic open for these to be discussed, so we can see ones available here in Oz.
It would also be fun to build an old fashion stamper or mini stamper.

I've looked at Armstong industries site and didn't see anything like them(maybe I wasn't looking in the right spot...).

How's development going Ryan? I'm certainly interested in buying one as it's less than half the price of a baby crusher(armstrong) and far more portable so should be great for those out of the way areas.

Development is good, I should have them ready for market soon.
You're right Armstrongs don't make this model. The compact crusher is ideal for sampling. I have been testing quite a few different reef systems which are returning interesting results.
It is kind of like a Large Dolly Pot on steroids.
I am hoping to have the ready by next week.

Cheers Ryan

Ahh so that's it then, your too busy 'testing it' to actually make more :)
Anyone would think your more interested in finding gold then welding...

Well when your ready to let the rest of us in on 'testing' them then u can put me on the list of buyers.

Are there any other motor sources to use that will last with the load a bit better?
I had not seen a mini crusher until I saw your's, I love it, even if they have been made elsewhere. Your skills are well shown with this product you have made.

I know some of the bigger scale crushers have an outlet under a bash plate that NEEDS to be not directly at the bottom of the unit, but slightly off to one side ( watch that askjeffwilliams youtube vid for more info as to why ) and then using a soft hose to direct it to a bucket or whatever.

I think a better cover for the input should be considered for safety as well for the chains or for a rock bouncing back out, even though you have the angle. Like a spring door. Could be wrong here, but if I were to sell something, I couldn't without considering all worst case scenarios.

Matt80 said:
Ahh so that's it then, your too busy 'testing it' to actually make more :)
Anyone would think your more interested in finding gold then welding...

Well when your ready to let the rest of us in on 'testing' them then u can put me on the list of buyers.
Ok you caught me out ! :8
Here is some of the ore that I am sampling.
One of these samples is going 3oz to the ton Mmmm
The down side, it is slim pickings off the mullock heap.
My next project is a stamp head battery crusher as a primary,
Coupled with an electric impact crusher as my tertiary. My budget is $800. I will keep you all posted.
The Compact Crusher is awesome, it has allowed me to determine in a short time frame wether the mine or reef I am sampling is worth further attention.
1409877401_image.jpg

AtomRat said:
Are there any other motor sources to use that will last with the load a bit better?
I had not seen a mini crusher until I saw your's, I love it, even if they have been made elsewhere. Your skills are well shown with this product you have made.

I know some of the bigger scale crushers have an outlet under a bash plate that NEEDS to be not directly at the bottom of the unit, but slightly off to one side ( watch that askjeffwilliams youtube vid for more info as to why ) and then using a soft hose to direct it to a bucket or whatever.

I think a better cover for the input should be considered for safety as well for the chains or for a rock bouncing back out, even though you have the angle. Like a spring door. Could be wrong here, but if I were to sell something, I couldn't without considering all worst case scenarios.
Your comments are spot on. I am supplying a scoop that plugs the opening. The main concern was the crusher throwing a bolt or worn chain link. It has not happened yet though.
My next model will be continuous feed with interchangeable screens. Larger crusher of course.
The Compact Crusher is a sampling(loaming) tool. What takes an hour to dolly out will take less than 5 mins with this tool.
What they don't tell you on the youtube vid is that the load on the grinder will cause the grinder to get quite warm in your hand after a few minutes. This is when I rest the grinder and continue with other things that require my attention.
The grinder won't blow up or meltdown, however I do like my tools to last.
240volt motors run super hot, however will last a long time. This is why they are better for a continuous feed like Armstrong Industries crushers. It is a matter of what your expectations are with prospecting as to what amount you need to invest.
Big Crusher! High output = hopefully lots of gold! Expect to pay more.
Best to sample first !

there is a youtube video of a US made crusher where it blows smoke out every hole , because the guy loads it up before turning it on and it cant get up to speed so torque and current demand are high leading to the overheating.

in my opinion the scoop should be loaded , inserted into the crusher inlet facing down , switch on the grinder so it gets up to speed and then tilt it to make the rock slide down into the crusher.

but you probably do that already :)

beautiful fast way to loam IMO

I do highly approve of a crusher, its a great idea. I cant afford one, but will attempt my own one day as I have just hit a hard red clay conglomerate I want to smash up and some quartz. For small sampling I think it is a great tool, love it mate.

Sorry, for some reason my brain told me I was looking at a plastic scoop.

I guess for your own sake, when selling, make sure you have a disclaimer that considers that any misuse and overheating can cause injury and to keep it away from the face etc. Make sure in every way that you are not liable for damage to the operator from the unit. Even though I can see you have the stickers.

I make hobby rockets, but not without a disclaimer, I can be sued. Well, I can be sued for making them.. but thats another story ;)

HeadsUp said:
there is a youtube video of a US made crusher where it blows smoke out every hole , because the guy loads it up before turning it on and it cant get up to speed so torque and current demand are high leading to the overheating.

in my opinion the scoop should be loaded , inserted into the crusher inlet facing down , switch on the grinder so it gets up to speed and then tilt it to make the rock slide down into the crusher.

but you probably do that already :)

beautiful fast way to loam IMO
Yeah that bloody smoke!
What ever you do don't let it get out of the grinder, try and keep the smoke on the inside!
Does anyone know how to put the smoke back in ?
1409882344_image.jpg

lol

yes every power tool comes with a box of magic smoke inside them and you got to keep it inside or ..... puff ! goes the power tool

at a rough count over the last 25 years in this field i would have gone through eight or nine 9" inch grinders , at least fifteen 4" grinders , 5 hammer/ pistol drills , 3 - 4 electric die grinders .......

list goes on.

some of those were asian made bosch or metabo but i prefer to buy the german made Metabo , at least they give you a choice , they offer " german made , and chinese made" if you want to pay the price difference.

there is a guy working on an invention to put the smoke back inside tools , same guy did the machine for putting political toothpaste back in the tube

Here it is !
Ive been at it today to get these Compact Crushers finished. I have 40 units ready for sale. Prospecting Australia Members will get them at Wholesale prices as an introduction to the product. I do have prospecting dealers and stores interested in them so if I withdraw them from the forum it is only to support the prospecting industry. However for now they are available to you wonderful people.
I did mention they will be for sale at $395 plus postage and handling.
I can't sustain that price for long however I will honour this price for the first 7 units, this will help me recover some development costs.
Follow the instructions below on how to fit the grinder and how to operate the unit safely.
It is pretty simple and it will put a smile on your dial if you've ever had to dolly a quantity of ore.
The Compact Crusher comes complete and assembled by myself ready for action as soon as you unpack your delivery.
I also carry a full range of spare parts.
PM me with your town or suburb so I can give you a quote for postage and handling.
Don't under estimate how much gold can be won from mine tailings and mullock heaps. The old timers headed for the hills in search for the source for a reason. They abandoned gold bearing alluvial ground for the rich quartz reefs. Simply put there was more gold with less work. The chances of striking the mother load was a far better option than scratching together a few grams or ounces.
1410688402_image.jpg

FITTING OR REMOVING GRINDER
1. Remove cover and hold shaft.
1410688559_image.jpg

2. Press lock button on grinder.
1410688664_image.jpg

3. Screw shaft until grinder thread becomes firm.
1410688737_image.jpg

4. Locate handle over hole.
1410688783_image.jpg

5. Screw handle into grinder thread until firm.
1410688857_image.jpg

6. Replace cover.
1410688896_image.jpg

OPERATING COMPACT CRUSHER
1. Plug grinder in and start grinder. Hold FIRM! in your hand.
1410689058_image.jpg

2. Feed ore sample in using scoop and hold firm for 3 to 4 seconds.
1410689146_image.jpg

3. Tip unit upside down over pan and empty contents.

Remember to always use correct Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
Always unplug power or isolate power before opening front cover.
This unit does not have a brain you will be required to use your own.
The Compact Crusher will not let fingers off with a warning if it is plugged in, you are carrying out maintenance and you happen to bump the on switch !!
I look forward to you show and tell with the unit :D
Cheers Ryan

Well done Ryan on a great looking product. I'm sure they will sell like hot cakes.

Very much looking forward to seeing some results of the crushers in the field.

Cheers

I'm keen on one.
I do have a couple of questions though.
The grinder that comes with it, that still comes with the standard grinding attachments? My current grinder is sounding sad & is about 24yrs old...
Also how many Watts is the grinder?

Latest posts