Whites Eagle Spectrum Intermittant problem

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Help! Can anyone help me with an intermittent problem with my White's eagle spectrum. Metal detector. It sometimes won't. Switch on and while using it it sometimes turns itself off.
I live in Perth Western Australia and can't afford to send it back to Whites USA.
Any help would be appreciated. :(

Saw this on another forum:

Are you using the rechargeable battery pack or the one that takes the alkaline C cells? If you're using the rechargeable pack, try the pack with alkaline cells and make sure you have fresh batteries. The rechargeable pack may be bad if you haven't used it in a while.

One of the major issues with the Spectrum is the battery connectors. If you look down in the case where the battery pack goes in, you'll see to metal prongs that the battery pack contacts. They sometimes get pushed back and don't make good contact. You can reach down in there an pull them towards you a bit to try and give them more pressure against the battery pack. That may be all it is, bad contact.

Also, make sure the contacts on the inside and outside of the battery pack are clean.

Hope it helps :D

Latest posts