⭐ Alluvial Show n Tell

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Beginning to like the wet season a bit more....

1485923938_img_20170201_140810.jpg

Just a hint:

Don't try to get as close as possible with the camera to that hard won gold. Keep the camera back, so that the focus is sharp, then blow the photo up afterwards. You can then trim the size of the photo.

If you want all of the nugget, sapphire, whatever to be in total focus, then lean back, don't get so close.

The longer the distance from the subject, the more depth of field, the more of the subject will be in focus.

Cheers, Jon.

:8 Thanks guys :8 that bit was enough for the GF to contract the fever :lol: :lol: :lol:
I owe so much to this forum and everyone on it for the knowledge I've obtained :)
Hopefully the next one will be on a 50c piece :8

G'Day B5,
Glad to see you have got a dose of the real gold feaver, not that there is anything wrong with the other strain either. Nice nuggies mate, bring on the cooler weather so we can all get out and chase down some of the yellow metal. Were you detecting or wet prospecting?
Cheers, SinHof.

Hey Sinhof, Hillend frolicking area DRY DRY, the only puddles looked like swamp water :eek: :lol: Definitely learn't alot, day 1 lost in a start forest, day 2 first visit to Hillend :eek: day 3 lost in another state forest :lol: :lol: day 1 and 3 we were only 200 meters from where I wanted to be :8
I didn't commit to a serious swing around the fossicking area to see if the ATG would find the gold but handled the conditions well.
More dry crevicing than anything
Was a bit of lesson when I had a swing in the state forest and dug a live bullet with a pick in hard pack dirt, something to beware of for the future :eek:
There was a lot of reasonably fresh logging going on through the state forests as well
Not sure how new some of the signs are but there are mining lease signs up around the lookout area and a guy cruising around on a ag bike, sort of looked like he was keeping an eye on the area :rolleyes:

G'Day B5,
Mate I've just caught up with your post of 6 Feb: Hill End is an interesting location pretty much something there for every aspect of gold prospecting, never seen the creeks out there run clean, always muddy; written accounts as far back as the early 1850s commented on how the old miners and their families complained about the lack of clean water for domestic purposes. Hill End Gold have a fair amount of country pegged as a mining lease in the Hawkins Hill area near the look out, the guy on the AG bike as you say, was probably keeping an eye on any strangers poking about near their ML. A couple of us get out there from time to time, mostly for the NAPFA AGMs and always enjoy our time there swinging our detectors and occasionaly getting our hands dirty panning along the creeks, just for something different and a break from detecting, it's rare to come home empty handed.
Cheers, SinHof.

Wally69 said:
Think I might go out and buy a blue pan, darn that gold looks good in it. :p :p
i really like the minelab pro gold pan. ive got a garrett supersluice among others. if i can only take 1 pan to the creek its probably the garrett but the progold is a very close second.