⭐ Alluvial Show n Tell

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow nice sniping Reeks!

I am embarrassed to show my gold, but hey I spent all day outdoors with the 11-year-old, and scouted a private property, so that's a good day. It looks ok, quite a few tiny flecks and a heck of a lot of black sand. Panning only this time, so it will be interesting to run a sluice. I wonder if the sluice will get clogged with black sand and lose the gold tho - there really was so much. Any opinions? Is it safe to be exchanging and losing black sand?

1484390270_wp_20170114_011.jpg

1485498206_img_1482.jpg

First ever gold!! All in my 2nd pan (2 of 2 for the day) Can only see two tiny specs in the picture but there are four in total. To hot with a pregnant wife for me to do any more. I know it's nothing compared to other posts but I am excited to say the least!!!

Well done Tedmcfred! Its hard work isnt it... More and more Im panning mainly for the friends or family I can take out and have a good bush day with.

Can any one tell me if it's legal and where to try high banking , I live in Nowra nsw , also can I use a small pump to get water from river to sluice? Thanks , newbie!

Latest posts