⭐ Alluvial Show n Tell

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
1479460553_img_20161118_201430.jpg

Final shed cleanup of Eldorado cons. Got all inspired for a panning session of the last of the unpanned cons of all the tricky little pieces that got put in the CBF super sluice. Bit more in it than I thought! Might have to plan the next outing now I've squared up.

Thanks for the great day out golddiggerart and golddiggergirl, I feel privileged that you took me out to your favourite spot.

After my first foray in to panning left me with more questions than answers, I was over the moon to find these in my pan with your guidance.

I can't thank you enough for passing on your knowledge.

1480803874_2016-12-03-gda.jpg

That's a beautiful little piece. I'd be happy seeing that little cracker in my pan. Well done to those two showing someone the ropes.

I apologize that it wrote what is the diameter of the coin to get an idea of the size of the gold ornaments. very small. Wand of gold wire circle and placed it on their hair women.

Heatho said:
bytraper said:
how on earth did you pan the glass? hehe

They are zircon gemstones, they are very commonly found with gold.

And with Zircon having a specific Gravity that is high - up to 4.73, you will capture in your sluice or highbanker in a location where they are present, I am always happy to see them as I know I am dialled in ok in terms of water flow etc.

Thanks for the lesson, I appreciate it but still - it's incredible!
Quite literally, If somebody had come out and just told me that, I'd have likely laughed at them and called BS... Thats my humbling lesson for the day!

I'd love to get into gems, its one of those things where you can't quite believe they can be pulled straight from the ground!

Latest posts