⭐ Alluvial Show n Tell

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
thanks parko, and no not yet Silver, just kicking myself when I think when I lived down there years ago, all the places I could have gone and had a dig. Only just got into prospecting 30 odd years ago. Damn I live about 2 1/2 hours from Mitta valley and Eldorado.....and not far from from this place just past Tumbarumba, bloke had a saddlery there.

And up in the Snowies. Not far from kiandra not that you can prospect there, all National parks now, so many beautiful little creeks I used to see on my travels in those days, in different tracks in the Snowies for work. Could of dropped a pan in and no one would have been any the wiser.

1459150418_rps20160328_182243.jpg
have posted this elsewhere but couldnt help myself to post it here too. First atempt at prospecting and i guess you could say a case of begineers luck may have been involved aswell. 1 was found in the pan the other was just sitting on the suface before i got the shovel to scoop up the dirt it was on. Both were found in creswick and i now officially have gold fever!

What are your thoughts on this little haul from a slatey creek bed? Dug up 2 buckets from about 8 little spots in a 40m section.....for just over .6gm. Not many fly poo specs amongst it....

(Picked up the 0.63gm in a different area with the 7000...wasn't deep, was in a crack but not a real impressive signal in difficult ground setting)

1459155711_gold_pic.jpg

:D :D :D Three top efforts there for the long weekend guys.

I managed 2.75g from two days over Easter.

A 0.25g nugget with Sniffy and his highbanker on Saturday and after he left I panned another 0.1g solo which made it 0.35g for a twelve hour day.

2.4g in five hours on the second day (Monday) with the pan.

I'll be back into it tomorrow for at least another eight hours. I will, of course, take my lucky hoe that I refurbished on Sunday in copious amounts of pain when I jammed a splinter under my fingernail whilst sanding and oiling the handle.

As soon as I'm done prospecting or recovering from the days efforts I will post an update with pictures.

Nice to see others getting amongst it :D

O.K. I am finally posting some pics from my two days at Easter. Comments under photos.

1459248027_dsc00041.jpg

1459248147_dsc00043.jpg

1459248252_dsc00045.jpg

1459248272_dsc00046.jpg

This is the 0.25g nugget found with Sniffy and his highbanker on Saturday. The rest was found after he left and I continued test panning several locations.

1459248367_dsc00056.jpg

1459248402_dsc00058.jpg

This was my haul from Mondays solo effort. This is my personal best for a single day. 5 hours panning.

1459248606_dsc00060.jpg

Today I dug and panned off the rest of the paydirt. This was the result.

1459248767_dsc00061.jpg

After packing up I grabbed a bit of sand from a crevice I had spotted earlier while chatting to another prospector. A great way to end the day I think.

1459248932_dsc00065.jpg

The combined total for today...

1459249088_dsc00059.jpg

This is a nice little picker I found the week before.

Hopefully we will get some more rain soon. I must have walked a squillion miles to get to the nearest puddle with my buckets of dirt. Soon I'll have arms like Popeye!

hah nice work Maltisau. I was feeling pretty sore for a couple of days too. Think my arms have grown an extra inch. Will match the extra inch around my waist from easter eggs and hot X buns...

Nice work Maltisau.
Thanks for the tips yesterday, hopefully I'll be able to post something similar after putting them into practice.
Max says thanks again, he spent a few productive hours picking gems and to say he is stoked is an understatement ?

Latest posts