⭐ Alluvial Show n Tell

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
1451306015_image.jpg
took me older brother out yesterday . Had a great day watching a 50 year old jumping in the creek and reliving his childhood and also getting a bit of good colour

1451354360_gold_panning.jpg

My little start to gold panning. David showed me how to do it last month and we've spent the few odd hours here and there over the past couple of months doing some research and having a look around. Now I've graduated to my own pan, while David has built his own high banker and tweaks and twiddles around with it.
Pretty happy with our finds so far!

Jo said:
https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/img/member-images/6640/1451354360_gold_panning.jpg

My little start to gold panning. David showed me how to do it last month and we've spent the few odd hours here and there over the past couple of months doing some research and having a look around. Now I've graduated to my own pan, while David has built his own high banker and tweaks and twiddles around with it.
Pretty happy with our finds so far!

Well done Jo and David.You have done far better than me on my first panning expedition.Nice chunky looking gold you have found there.Welcome to the forum guys

Great work guys. Personally i haven't panned since I was 10 or so with the exception of sovreign hill earlier this year haha. Great to see all this colour

Really getting good at conning kids to go panning... bought them some cheapie metal detectors to play with. First finds was $$- so they are motivated... told them they could help me at the creek.
My pan found only a little today, but David's high banker did a great job for a couple of hours run..
1451468349_2015-12-30_20.21.32.jpg

1451468388_gold_pan6.jpg

Loving this amazing summer weather for now- great to be outdoors! Cheers Jo

Great to see getting the kids out enjoying themselves . Keep at at it as hopefully you'll instill the sense of adventure of the quest for gold in them. Bloody hard to get mine out nowadays.

Good on ya guys, looks like you're having a wow of a time. That's what's it's all about aye?

1453024117_image.jpg
managed to get the young bloke out today for a pan. He actually taught me a lesson today, always check the sieve thoroughly. Was going to drop the contents when he asked to have a look . Dad I got a big one , yeah right sure enough there it was. .38 gram the biggest I've got panning .

That's a cracka Bjay. Nice find indeed. Its got an interesting shape to it.
Kinda looks crystalish, with nice flat sides.

Found a few very small species to so I think this one may have been attached to quarts once.

Latest posts