⭐ Alluvial Show n Tell

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
mbasko said:
Danny13 said:
Panning skills might need improvement.
:eek:
Chunky looking gold to miss with a pan.
Get a lease & washplant on that ground :p :perfect:
Its a cost thing mbasko at the moment , but I have 2 other areas that might work . Learning as I go mbasko , what is the price of a washplant ?

Danny13 said:
mbasko said:
Danny13 said:
Its a cost thing mbasko at the moment , but I have 2 other areas that might work . Learning as I go mbasko , what is the price of a washplant ?
Washplant price would be relative to the lease & what you could do there + what would be feasible as far as costs vs returns. I.e Would usually come down to how many tonnes/hour of dirt you need to run in order to get "X" amount of gold to cover costs + be profitable. More tonnes/hour = more costs.
Could be anywhere from thousands through to hundreds of thousands for a small scale washplant & that's without lease start up costs/enviro bonds, earth moving equipment etc. etc.
It's doable but they don't make it easy for small scale operations now in states like NSW. I think we all dream of finding ground that we can get a lease on so good luck with it. :Y:

mbasko said:
Danny13 said:
mbasko said:
Danny13 said:
Washplant price would be relative to the lease & what you could do there + what would be feasible as far as costs vs returns. I.e Would usually come down to how many tonnes/hour of dirt you need to run in order to get "X" amount of gold to cover costs + be profitable. More tonnes/hour = more costs.
Could be anywhere from thousands through to hundreds of thousands for a small scale washplant & that's without lease start up costs/enviro bonds, earth moving equipment etc. etc.
It's doable but they don't make it easy for small scale operations now in states like NSW. I think we all dream of finding ground that we can get a lease on so good luck with it. :Y:
thanks mbasko - think one small step at a time and see how we go . Step one is detect a lease and step one goes well do a push and detect . Leases pegged are in WA so washplant is out of the question , more dryblowing country :Y:

Brother said:
Good on ya Danny13 awesome mate. :Y:

Hope you have found a top spot and get heaps man!

Rob

Hey Rob ,

Thanks mate . Hows the rain up in Palmer - hope theres plenty of water for the washplant when you head out mate .

TheMediocritist said:
mbasko said:
Danny13 said:

Yeah, pan should be dished side up, not dished side down. :p

Nice gold though. :Y:
Hahaha , yeah the black sands have been kicking my back and ass when panning , hence the switch to the spiral wheel.

Spent three days testing my new rocker box and im quite happy with the results.
1549696293_2019-02-09_18.09.58.jpg

I snuck up to a creek about 40minutes from home yesterday, only to find that there had been a thunderstorm the night before that we didnt getat home and the creek was about a foot higher and dirty compared to the week before. I had a quick rethink of the day plan and decided to check out a new spot further back down the stream and on the oppisite side that showed plenty of bedrock still out of the water. I had to launch the Kayak and paddle upsteam about 400metres to reach the opposite bank. I was lucky enough to drop straight onto a small depression in the bedrock on a flood wash that yielded some nice red gravels and grey clay. This and another narrow crevise gave up most of the .3grams in the pan below.
1549775566_img_20190209_174335.jpg

It was a short day as I had a late start and an early finish when another thundery downpour decided to make things decidedly damp. So I was only on the ground for about 3 hours. :|

got out for a bit on my own while on a camping trip in NE Victoria with my son and his mate.

test panned a nice little gravel bar that showed up a bit of flood gold so ran three buckets through a grizzly gold trap sluice.

1549969885_sluicing_.jpg

nice little show of colour in the test riffles in front of the fluid bed.

1549969937_gold_in_sluice.jpg

panned out cons.
1549969976_pan.jpg

might have to put in a bit more time next time Im down that way

Latest posts