⭐ Alluvial Show n Tell

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
1535272862_gold.jpg

Had a good morning out for my standards! 0.14 grams
Almost all out of one crevice. Very fine and tedius to get but good fun all the same. Cheers

aussiefarmer said:
Alluival is usually golden gold shiny clean :Y: , i was referring to how clean you have got it :Y: i cant see a single spec of sand :perfect:

Ahhh ok I understand. probably took me just as long to get the sand and stuff out as it did getting it in the first place.
I tend to be pretty anal with stuff like that! Thanks for the feedback

Goldface said:
jamiealdridge said:
Goldface said:
Nice gold there Jamie.
How did you go about getting it? Crevice, sluice, diggin holes?

Thanks Goldface, I use the 8 inch Goldrat highbanker with a battery operated pump - just digging in gravels. :cool:

https://www.prospectingaustralia.co...4745_913f5603-894c-42c5-b568-87ecb020cf4a.jpg

Cool thanks for the response mate! Good to see others setups as that's one of my next steps to this addiction. Cheers

Its good gear and Dustin who sells them is a pleasure to deal with.

aussiefarmer said:
When your on a patch your on it :Y:

Jamie has obviously researched very well and deserves to bring home the bacon as a reward. :money: :money: :money: :money: :money: :money: :money: :money: :money: :money:
One thing we learn from this forum is that the old timers were very thorough and relentless, but on occasion they did miss pockets. I was reading some old reports on Trove of daily takes from The Meroo and its tributaries, it was staggering to read of alluvial hauls of upwards of 140 grams per pan.
You can never begrudge a fellow prospector for stumbling on a patch that probably should have been cleaned out in 1854 but for some twist of fate was missed.
I bet Jamie comes home from a days work bloody sore and in need of a soak in radox but hes always gonna bring home more than someone who does not put the time into researching where the gold should be and how to read a creek or the person who puts it off until next weekend because they have to catch up for a latte.
Makes me keen to get out next weekend, as this moving house business has truly drained me, time to fill up the tanks again out on the river :Y:

AussieChris is spot on, a lot of it is about research research research. Trove, geo vic mapping, geo vic mining reports and maps going back to the 1800s.
I love the research, especially Trove. The old newspapers are fascinating.

But youve got to get out and dig dig dig. On a sunny day like today it was pure heaven being out in the bush. The gold was a bonus.

moeee said:
Goldface said:
Are you sure ?
Best you go weigh it again
The most I ever got was almost 0.3 grams and it looked nowhere near the amount you have in that vial

Twas 0.14 grams. I wish my scales lied and they upped the weight and value, but they do not unfortunately.
I'm reasonable with cameras, phone takes a decent photo also. Still had a great day out. The gold was a pleasant bonus. Cheers