You are not logged in.

• Register to access all forum features  

ratovic
Rato Power Products
Rato Power Products
15 November 2014 05:01 pm

yobskin wrote:

Me to.....plus im in qld any rato up here......and quick question can i rely on rato compared to briggs n stratton.
Been told chinese manufactured pumps are abit dicey...what seperates rato from the other imports i would realy like to give rato a go. wink

Hi Yobskin

Why Rato? A good and valid question. In today’s consumer world there are many new brands on the market that are mass produced in no name Chinese factories that get painted what ever colour and have a sticker slapped on it then put on the web and advertised as being the best thing since sliced bread. Rato Australia is different. Rato engines are made by Rato. Who is Rato you ask? They are the Chongqing Rato Power Ltd Manufacturing Company founded in 2007. They started producing engines in 2009 and they now make about 1.4 million engines a year. Most of these go to the U.S.

Because the factory is very new it has very up to date manufacturing facilities and are ISO9001 certified and also meets the ISO/TS 16949 quality standard. To quote

"ISO/TS 16949 is the globally recognized quality management standard for the automotive industry. It brings together standards from across Europe and the US and provides a framework for achieving best practice with regards to the design and manufacture of products for the automotive supply chain. The standard has been developed by the International Automotive Task Force (IATF) and brings together common processes from across the industry sector. IATF comprises of nine member vehicle manufacturers - Ford, GM, Chrysler, BMW, VW, Daimler, Renault, PSA Peugeot Citroen and Fiat - along with national automotive trade organizations from USA, UK, France, Germany and Italy."

What all this means is that Rato gear is as good as anything else that has a Japanese or German or US brand name on it. I don't portray that Rato goods are made or designed in Japan. They are made in China. Which as most of us know is where many products are made. If you speak to some other retailers they'll tell you that their goods are Japanese and are made in Taiwan, there are Chinese factories as well but only the Taiwanese goods come to Australia. I ask you, do you give a toss if it's made in Japan, Taiwan or China? All you want to know is, is it good quality, am I spending my money wisely etc etc.

If Rato weren't any good I would have warranty claims coming out of my ears. Head office, which is in Perth, would be in melt down dealing with unhappy customers. But instead we get customers telling us how good the products are and that we sell them too cheap. We've sold hundreds and hundreds of Rato products. Head office can't keep up with the demand for some of our pumps and we've sold out of some units and are eagerly awaiting for container loads of goods to land.

Rato Australia was started by Ben Parry in June 2013. Ben is a Mechanical Engineer who's worked in automotive engineering for decades. He's been around racing engines as a hobby since he was a lad. He knows his stuff and when he saw how good Rato goods are he decided to set up Rato Australia.

I know what you’re saying to yourself. Should I risk $200 on a Chinese product I’ve never heard of or should I spend double that on a known name brand (That’s probably made in China anyway). That decision is yours, but, Rato are getting a good rap because the products are damn good and the service I’m providing is as good as I can possibly provide. In fact I won’t have any 40 mm pumps until mid December because we keep selling out. There are shipping containers literally on a ‘slow boat from China’ as I write this. I’ve currently got 3 potential customers wanting 40mm pumps right now and I just haven’t got them. I wish I had them to sell to you guys as the gold in them thar hills is only getting heavier.

As soon as I’ve got a firm date on when these pumps are in stock I’ll post here so keep an eye on the forum and thanks for your interest. I have hoses and fittings ready to go if that’s any consolation.

Gavin. Rato Power Products-Victoria. www.ratovic.com.au. Ph: 0407 531 643 E: rato.vic@ratoaustralia.com.au

ratovic
Rato Power Products
Rato Power Products
15 November 2014 05:11 pm

Goldtarget wrote:

Gavin please advise at your earliest possible time when the lighter one is in, I'll kit up and get some extras, hoping it's early December rather than late. Cheers.

I certainly will Goldtarget. The lighter pump is still looking like it will be 'late'ish' December. Sorry about the delay but it's out of my hands.

Another project I'm working on is a car alternator driven by a Rato engine for charging batteries when camping. I'm in the process of putting together a prototype right now. When it's viable I'll be putting it online somewhere so keep your eyes peeled.

Gavin. Rato Power Products-Victoria. www.ratovic.com.au. Ph: 0407 531 643 E: rato.vic@ratoaustralia.com.au

yobskin
18 November 2014 07:05 pm

Thanks Gavin,
I am totally sold... big_smile
I dont give two cats wiskars where its made, the passion from a content happy worker says there walking them selves out the door thats enough for me.. wink
Just jokes but ya might want to get rato to look into that slow boats engine.... tongue
I take it theres no problem getting it to Qld?

Try and try again...

ratovic
Rato Power Products
Rato Power Products
19 November 2014 11:01 am

yobskin wrote:

Thanks Gavin,
I am totally sold... big_smile
I dont give two cats wiskars where its made, the passion from a content happy worker says there walking them selves out the door thats enough for me.. wink
Just jokes but ya might want to get rato to look into that slow boats engine.... tongue
I take it theres no problem getting it to Qld?

Hi Yobskin
Thanks for your interest in Rato products. I'm out of stock of the 40mm pumps at the moment. I'll have them in stock in about 4 weeks I hope. Let me know which one you're interested in and any other hoses, fittings etc and I can arrange a quote for the kit and delivery for you. EMail me direct is the best way.

Thanks

ratovic
Rato Power Products
Rato Power Products
11 January 2015 10:13 am

Back in stock at last.

The pump as pictured at the start of this forum thread is finally available again after lengthy freight delays. I'll have them in stock by the 15th Jan.

Check out the earlier posts in this forum thread to decide on which hoses etc you want and place your orders and I'll get some deliveries under way.

Happy new year to you all.

ratovic
Rato Power Products
Rato Power Products
12 January 2015 05:26 pm

sususydney wrote:

Hi im interested in this pump and was wondering how long does a full tank last? Just say for high banking at 1m over head?

I have the lighter pump coming into stock this week. Please email me direct for a quote on your desired pump package. A tank of fuel is good for 2 hours at full load

ratovic
Rato Power Products
Rato Power Products
12 January 2015 05:27 pm

MJB wrote:

Looks like agreat deal there ratovic...the supply of hoses and fittings seals the deal in my books. When the highbanker is done I will be getting one of these.

Cheers

Hi MJB

I have the lighter pump coming into stock this week. Please email me direct for a quote on your desired pump package.

Bye for now

ratovic
Rato Power Products
Rato Power Products
12 January 2015 05:28 pm

Dogmatic wrote:

Hey Rato what happened to the smaller pump? At nearly 20kg this one is getting a bit heavy to carry up the creek.

Hi Dogmatic

I have the lighter pump coming into stock this week. Please email me direct for a quote on your desired pump package.

Bye for now.

ratovic
Rato Power Products
Rato Power Products
12 January 2015 05:38 pm

Goldtarget wrote:

Gavin please advise at your earliest possible time when the lighter one is in, I'll kit up and get some extras, hoping it's early December rather than late. Cheers.

Hi Gold target.

Bye for now

yobskin
12 January 2015 06:18 pm

Im still saving up the coin but im getting one! I will email you shortly gavin thanks mate. big_smile so happy.

Try and try again...

Goldtarget
12 January 2015 11:35 pm

ratovic wrote:
Goldtarget wrote:

Hi Gold target.

Bye for now

No worries mate. I've been meaning to get the past office for a week and a half, I'm like an old train, I'll get there eventually, i just take a while to get things done at times. I got one in the mean time but I'm still in the market.

Last edited by Goldtarget (12 January 2015 11:37 pm)

ratovic
Rato Power Products
Rato Power Products
28 April 2015 05:58 pm

PUMP KIT PRICE UPDATE

Hi Guys. Due to the falling Aussie dollar and general 'cost of doing business' effecting things the prices of the pump kits I have advertised here have gone up a small amount.

• The $178 pump has increased to $195

• The $202 pump has increased to $225

• The $325 kit has increased to $342

• The $349 kit has increased to $372

I believe the kits I put together are still great value and I've got several very happy customers here at Prospecting Australia that have bought kits from me.

For those of you interstate I've freighted a few of these kits to NSW & QLD and the freight cost has been $50 - $65 depending on what's in the kit.

If you have a look at the post #1718 posted by username Jin on page 69 of "Today I bought' you'll see a video of the small $195 pump in action.

Or you can see the Youtube video here

Can't argue with that and just look at that water flow.

Happy sluicing

Last edited by ratovic (28 April 2015 06:07 pm)

1 user likes this post: rusting

Next1m8
28 April 2015 07:42 pm

Just curious do I still get the pump at our agreed price?

Not a complete idiot, several bits are missing, 4 pans 2 high bankers, 2 picks too many shovels - spit, grit and a whole lotta duct tape, more enthusiasm than you could throw a boulder at

ratovic
Rato Power Products
Rato Power Products
29 April 2015 02:52 pm

Next1m8 wrote:

Just curious do I still get the pump at our agreed price?

I'll stand by my original price for your purchase. You just scraped in.

1 user likes this post: Next1m8

Next1m8
29 April 2015 07:20 pm

Thanks Gavin

Not a complete idiot, several bits are missing, 4 pans 2 high bankers, 2 picks too many shovels - spit, grit and a whole lotta duct tape, more enthusiasm than you could throw a boulder at

MJB
07 August 2015 12:26 pm

G'day all,

I just recieved my new 1.5" pump from Gavin at RatoVic.

I have to say this was one of the most easy dealings I have had with a supplier. From quote to recieving the goods it all went smoothly and gavin is a top bloke and a pleaseure to deal with.

I will be giving the pump a run this weekend hopefully but on initial observations it looks like a top quality product.

Cheers

Gear used : Garret pans, mini sluice, Highbanker/sluice, Dry blower, Rock crusher and Minelab Pro-find pointer, MineLab XT17000

1 user likes this post: Chewy

DrDuck
07 August 2015 02:14 pm

Got a kit from Gavin a while ago, and have been very happy with it. Have the little pump, and water flow is just fine for my Sluicy GS 17. Pump likes to operate on level ground, but is easy to start and reliable.

High banker, sluice, pans sieves &etc. Makro Multi Kruzer, Deteknix Xpointer Pro. NAPFA member.

DrDuck
07 August 2015 02:14 pm

Sorry about the double post, Internet is a bit flakey where I am.

Last edited by DrDuck (07 August 2015 02:16 pm)

High banker, sluice, pans sieves &etc. Makro Multi Kruzer, Deteknix Xpointer Pro. NAPFA member.

ratovic
Rato Power Products
Rato Power Products
10 November 2015 04:27 pm

PRICE UPDATE

Unfortunately guys my prices have to go up. All of my Rato supplier prices have increased as have my prices on hoses.

My prices will still be cheaper than just about anybody so you'll still be getting great value for money.

Have a look at the www.ratoaustralia.com.au for the latest prices on pumps.

I'll need to edit the prices on the hoses advertised here so please stand by for a post soon.

I hope the guys that have bought gear from me are still all finding gold. All the best.

Gavin from Rato Victoria

Jayson
16 June 2016 09:36 pm

Hi Gavin,

Do you have an updated price for the complete kit mentioned in the first post?? Looking to buy a pump, hoses and camlock fittings.

Cheers,

Jayson.

ratovic
Rato Power Products
Rato Power Products
25 July 2016 12:42 pm

Prices update. Sorry but I have to adjust my prices to keep up with my costs.

(1) 40 mm Rato RT402B20-1.1Q Pump - $229
(2) 40 mm x 5 m Layflat delivery hose - $45
(3) 40 mm x 10 m Layflat delivery hose - $57
(4) 40 mm x 15 m Layflat delivery hose - $64
(5) 40 mm x 20 m Layflat delivery hose - $70
(6) 2 x Alum Type-A Camlocks for the pump out/inlets - $11
(7) Alum Type-B camlock, reducing socket & elbow - $24
(8) 3 m Suction hose assembly with no footvalve - $47

Let me know if you'd like a kit. I can deliver to almost anywhere except NSW. There is a NSW Rato dealer that you will need to purchase through if you are in NSW.

ben2363
23 September 2016 11:29 am

Ratovic. do you still do kits?

Charizard
14 April 2017 12:42 pm

I am interested as well. I bought a water pump at crazysales because my tank pressure was not sufficient in order to operate the washer. The exact tank also supplies your garden, where only low pressure piping was installed. This little low power pump is perfect; not very much pressure, a good amount of flow , minimal power use, additionally, the pressure controller/switch is effective also !
Just want another one as backup, and I am looking at those you post.

Last edited by Charizard (14 April 2017 01:00 pm)

TumbaBT
01 January 2018 01:30 pm

Just thought I'd chime in. I have this exact pump and nearly the same suction and delivery hoses, and it works great. At least the pump and highbanker work great once set up, but I think the handle end of the shovel needs a bit more experience and practice. With the current laws up in the air, I bring my concentrates home and run things in a re-circ setup (used to run it in the bush). I like being able to test the configuration and know that if I set things up poorly, I can always recover the tailings and run them again. It's a great way to get very familiar with a piece of equipment and how to set it up and test. I've had my setup for a few years and I may have bought my pump from ratovic, I can't remember off hand, but I bought the hose and all the other fittings separately and I'm almost 100% certain that I paid a fair bit more for the whole setup than the package that was on offer here.

Also, there was a comment here about getting a shorter hose or cutting a long hose in half and adding an extra set of couplers...it's almost a must!

Cheers y'all.
BT

bjarvie
02 September 2018 08:25 pm

Hi Gavin, Is the lighter pump in stock can we get a updated price list please mate.?

cheers

Contact Us - Privacy Policy - Terms Of Service

View Desktop Site