HIGHBANKER WATER PUMP KIT. 1-1/2 3 HP PUMP. $325

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ratovic

Rato Power Products
Reaction score
This pump kit is ready to go to supply water to your Highbanker or sluicing equipment. This is an economical kit that consists of a quality Rato 1-1/2 40mm pump thats powered by a quality Rato 98cc petrol engine. Pump specs are as follows.

98cc 4 stroke OHV
3 HP@3600 rpm, 3.2 Nm@2500 rpm
233 LPM max. delivery
16 m max delivery head. 6 m Suction head
2 Litre petrol tank
Transistorised ignition
Recoil pull start
Cast Iron cylinder liner
37 x 42 x 40 cm (L x W x H) 12.5kg
Model RT40ZB20-1.1Q

- The kit also includes a 3 metre suction hose with PVC foot valve with camlocks to attach to the pump.
- Also supplied is a 20 metre layflat Powaflex Hi Flo Blue delivery hose with camlock couplings at each end.
- Camlock type A couplings to screw onto the pump are included.

At a 16 metre head this pump will deliver 80 litres per minute. You can customise any of the hoses & fittings to suit your requirements. Just ask me for a quote.

Delivery nationwide at economical rates will be at the expense of the purchaser or you can pick up from the dealer in Geelong. For sales and inquiries contact Gavin.

I get about to the weekend markets in Ballarat, Talbot, Maryborough, Avoca, Wallan etc so I may be in your neighbourhood soon.

See www.ratovic.com.au and www.ratoaustralia.com.au for more details and products. All Rato products are backed by a 12 month replacement warranty.

The photos are of the actual pump but not of the actual hoses.

1405651159_rt40zb_lh_front_small.jpg

1405651184_lf_hose_smaller_01.jpg

1405651205_suction_hose_small_01.jpg

This is a really good deal for anyone looking for light pump. I have the same pump but it is branded as Millers Falls and it runs well and easy to carry. With hoses and cam locks you can't go wrong at this price. :)

Thanks for the endorsement Beagleboy.

Rato are the actual manufacturer of their engines. They also make engines for others who re-brand them as well though.

If people need variations on hoses and fittings they can go to this website www.advancedindustrial.com.au to see what I can supply. Just choose what you need then I can quote a price for you.

Just like to say thanks Gavin received my hoses yesterday . Great to deal with and look forward to buying more stuff in the future. Thanks for your help and the great price.
Regards , Nigel :D

Goldandsand said:
Just like to say thanks Gavin received my hoses yesterday . Great to deal with and look forward to buying more stuff in the future. Thanks for your help and the great price.
Regards , Nigel :D

No problem Nigel. Happy to help you out. Just give me a shout if you need any other bit's and pieces.
Gavin

Hi im interested in this pump and was wondering how long does a full tank last? Just say for high banking at 1m over head?

sususydney said:
Hi im interested in this pump and was wondering how long does a full tank last? Just say for high banking at 1m over head?

Hi Sususydney.

The 2 litre tank will give 1.5 to 2 hours running time depending on the load. It's tricky to give an exact runtime due to the many variables. Let me know if I can be of further help.

Looks like agreat deal there ratovic...the supply of hoses and fittings seals the deal in my books. When the highbanker is done I will be getting one of these.

Cheers

sounds alright,
Does this pump requires mixing of fuel/oil? and more info on about maintaining the pump please?

Its a 4 stroke motor sususydney...no premixing of fuel / oil required. Just need to regularly change engine oil at regular intervals

Cheers

sususydney said:
sounds alright,
Does this pump requires mixing of fuel/oil? and more info on about maintaining the pump please?

As correctly pointed out by MJB it's a 4-stroke engine so it runs on unleaded petrol with no premixing required. Regular changes of the oil as recommended by the manual is of course required. An initial change after 20 hours then changing every 100 hours or 6 months is recommended.

I also sell Penrite oil for this engine and many other Penrite oils for cars, trucks etc if you require lubricants.

Hi All,

just received my pump package and a few extras everything was as promised, very profesional and would happily recommend them.

Thanks Greg

Thanks for the feedback Greg. Good to know you got it all ok. I hope it does the job for you

ratovic said:
This pump kit is ready to go to supply water to your Highbanker or sluicing equipment. This is an economical kit that consists of a quality Rato 1-1/2 40mm pump thats powered by a quality Rato 98cc petrol engine. Pump specs are as follows.

98cc 4 stroke OHV
233 LPM max. delivery
16 m max delivery head. 6 m Suction head
2 Litre petrol tank
Transistorised ignition
Recoil pull start
Cast Iron cylinder liner
37 x 42 x 40 cm (L x W x H) 12.5kg
Model RT40ZB20-1.1Q

- The kit also includes a 3 metre suction hose with PVC foot valve with camlocks to attach to the pump.
- Also supplied is a 20 metre layflat Powaflex Hi Flo Blue delivery hose with camlock couplings at each end.
- Camlock type A couplings to screw onto the pump are included.

At a 16 metre head this pump will deliver 80 litres per minute. You can customise any of the hoses & fittings to suit your requirements. Just ask me for a quote.

Delivery nationwide at economical rates will be at the expense of the purchaser or you can pick up from the dealer in Geelong. For sales and inquiries contact Gavin.

I get about to the weekend markets in Ballarat, Talbot, Maryborough, Avoca, Wallan etc so I may be in your neighbourhood soon.

See www.ratovic.com.au and www.ratoaustralia.com.au for more details and products. All Rato products are backed by a 12 month replacement warranty.

The photos are of the actual pump but not of the actual hoses.

https://www.prospectingaustralia.co...ges/3382/1405651159_rt40zb_lh_front_small.jpg
https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/img/member-images/3382/1405651184_lf_hose_smaller_01.jpg
https://www.prospectingaustralia.co...ges/3382/1405651205_suction_hose_small_01.jpg

I need to change the pump that's in this kit because the original pump is out of stock. This will effect the price slightly as the pump is a better performing pump and it's mounted in a roll frame.

The other aspects of the kit remain the same. The details on the pump are as follows.

98cc 4 stroke OHV
267 LPM max. delivery
20 m max delivery head. 6 m Suction head
2 Litre petrol tank
Transistorised ignition
Recoil pull start
Cast Iron cylinder liner
47 x 42 x 41 cm (L x W x H) 19.5kg
Model RT402B20-1.1Q

The price on the Pump Kit is now $349

I've sold a few of these pump kits to customers in and around Sydney and the delivery has typically been around $55 for those wondering.

1412913994_rt402b20-1.jpg

Dogmatic said:
Hey Rato what happened to the smaller pump? At nearly 20kg this one is getting a bit heavy to carry up the creek.

I agree Dogmatic. I know you guys like to keep your kits as light as possible to allow for all that gold you carry out. The original pump from this kit is a little champ but unfortunately we've sold out of them and we've got another order from the manufacturers under way now. I'll get them back in the kit as soon as I can supply them.

The pump that's in the dearer kit now is in the roll frame which explains a bit of the extra weight so the pump can be taken out of the frame to lighten it a bit if that helps.

I have purchased one of these kits with the smaller pump to use with my Walbanker.

The Walbanker, being a single tier, runs at optimum with a water flow of between 170 to 200 l/m. with the supplied foot valve we were not able to achieve this as it is too restrictive but swapping that out for the supplied strainer basket we can get the 200l/m using the supplied 20 metre delivery hose.

I would recommend people consider alternative delivery hose lengths as we have found in several locations that 20m is a pain in the backside trying to lay it out with nice smooth curves and although there are locations where 20 metres is great, a shorter hose would make things easier in most locations( and make it lighter to carry) so an extra couple of fittings will serve you well so you can cut the hose and make 2 out of it giving you the options of full length or shorter.

The pump is very easy to start , turn the choke on pull once or twice and it starts then turn the choke off.
We are finding we get about 2 hours running from a tank of fuel running at close to full throttle (had 2 of us shovelling).

Dealing with Gavin was a pleasure and was able to supply some extra fittings at very good prices and I certainly would not hesitate to purchase from him again

Thanks for the endorsement Outboard and the feedback on the pump kit. It's good to know what the pumps are actually delivering in real world applications. I'll fine tune the kit to offer the kit with or without foot valves. I have the option of supplying brass foot valves but I used the plastic foot valve so it would be lighter. But if the plastic valve is causing flow issues it's probably best to avoid using it if you have a high demand for flow.

I'll be posting a new ad for an updated kit soon once I get a chance to fine tune my prices to make it as attractive as I can for the prospectors here. Different length hoses is a good idea so I have some prices on different length hoses as listed below.

• 1-1/2" - 38mm x 10 m Long with C & E Aluminium Camlocks - $32[/*]
  • 1-1/2" -38 mm x 15 m Long with C & E Aluminium Camlocks - $42[/*]
  • 1-1/2" - 38 mm x 20 m Long with C & E Aluminium Camlocks - $53[/*]
  • 2" - 50 mm x 10 m Long with C & E Aluminium Camlocks - $42[/*]
  • 2" - 50 mm x 15 m Long with C & E Aluminium Camlocks - $52[/*]
  • 2" - 50 mm x 20 m Long with C & E Aluminium Camlocks - $70[/*]

Let me know if you need further information.

Hi Prospectors

I'm getting a few inquiries and sales of this kit with the bigger pump. I won't have the lighter and cheaper pump originally in the kit until December. The kit as below is working out really well with the Walbankers or highbankers with a 1" BSP male thread on the spray bar.

The cheaper restrictive foot valve is a real bummer but I can supply another foot valve but it comes at a price premium. The price listed below is with this better foot valve at my cost price.

The currently available pump is as detailed above but a quick summary is that it's a 3HP, 20 m head pump with a maximum flow rate of 267 litres/minute mounted in a roll frame. As soon as I have the lighter pump I'll have it as an option. The kit is customisable for what ever configuration you want or if there's something that's not listed just contact me for any other needs that you have and I can quote for you.

• (1) 40 mm Rato RT402B20-1.1Q Pump - $202[/*]
  • (2) 40 mm x 10 m Layflat delivery hose - $32[/*]
  • (3) 40 mm x 15 m Layflat delivery hose - $42[/*]
  • (4) 40 mm x 20 m Layflat delivery hose - $53[/*]
  • (5) 2 x Alum Type-A Camlocks for the pump out/inlets - $10[/*]
  • (6) Alum Type-B camlock, reducing socket & elbow - $17[/*]
  • (7) 3 m Suction hose assembly with PVC footvalve - $70[/*]
  • (8) 3 m Suction hose assembly with PVC high flow footvalve - $108[/*]
  • (9) 3 m Suction hose assembly with brass footvalve - $77[/*]
  • (10) 3 m Suction hose assembly with no footvalve - $47[/*]

Happy sluicing.

Status