Grabben Gullen Camping

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
greyf350 said:
Does the campsite have showers and running water available?
Are cabins available?
What are all the tools needed for digging?

Thanks

G'day greyf350 and welcome to the forum.

The camp ground is the car-park area near the bridge there's no facilities available, byo everything;)

As for tools like Wal said previously, you'll need, an 1/8 inch sieve a 1/4 inch sieve a pan, gum boots, pointy nosed shovel and I'd also take a small garden trowel a pair of tweezers and a jar for your finds ;)

Cheers

C&L

Thanks for the warm welcome.

What is a sieve and I suspect gum boots are rubber boots?

Are you be able to find gold without the metal detector there as well?

Thanks

G'day greyf350

Mate gumboots are rubber boots :D

Have a watch of the below vid with the lovely Liz using low sided sieves at Grabben Gullen

[video=480,360]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gXtZeg9tdJ8[/video]

Our site sponsor has the high sided ones great for summer as the leeches at Grabben Gullen are rather large ;)

You will get a little bit of gold out there in the pan no need for a detector it's all fly poop size

Cheers

C&L

Thanks for the video, it was very informative. If any of you guys want to have a get together at Grabben Gullen I am certainly interested.

Wow
Liz is good on the seives and pans
I have watched alot of her videos and picked up alot of tips
Thanks for the free lessons Wal n liz

WalnLiz said:
Hi Pauly...Grabben Gullen Creek is mainly on private property. There is however 2 areas suitable for your camper and you should be able to get some good stones from both. The first is at the bridge crossing where Sapphire Road crosses Grabben Gullen Creek. There's a nice flat area just beside the creek ideal for camping. The second is not far away on private property. The owners are very good friends of mine and there is a nice camping area on the property right on the stream ...but as it is a sheep property and he has around 15 sheep dogs this may be a problem.....Cheers Wal. :)

G'day WalnLiz, do your friends allow anyone to camp and is there a fee?

I second this! i would love to have the opportunity to ask to camp on private property :) Even happy to pay your friends for the privilege! :)

Heading down to Grabben this weekend coming :D

This is a sapphire I harvested at Grabben Gullen about ten years ago. My wife's late uncle owned Australian Diamond Services and he polished the sapphire and set it with the diamond chips. My wife loves it as she saw it in the rough and now wears the finished product.

Img.

Yep WalnLiz that's what I have done following emailed instructions but I am a true Luddite and nominating the URL has this old bloke stumped. I will learn more and come back to this.

Hi ive been looking for the location of Grabben Gullen creek and cant find it on google maps but when I type in Sapphire road it comes up as Wheeo road so please tell me the road to get there and im looking for good camping spot for the stay so please an you help me, also what sieves are we supposed to use for the sapphires
hope to hear from you soon Wal and Liz

Hey everyone iv just travelled to grabben gullen does anyone know any properties with nice owners who allow people to pan?

Look to go camping down around gabben gully creek for the first time looking and trying to find some sapphires can anyone recommend a good spot for camping aswell please :)

Latest posts