Found at new spot Near Dittmer

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
1402805935_2014-06-15_14.18.21.jpg

starting to wonder if some of this quartz could be more than quartz. Some are very opaque and clear like glass very pretty pale pink and some are slight silvery blue. just looking to see how much fine gold is in this sample Got bigger pieces to. Dittmer has known amethyst and zircon. Does anyone know?

Hey GC, can't see any Sapphs in there but the clear ones you think may be gemstones put aside and photograph them together with a little light behind them if possible. Zircons in some places can be quite abundant and sometimes the Zircon mentioned will be Zircon Sand which is used for some industrial purposes.

I have been doing a lot of research, it looks similar to Calaverite/bonanza type talluride. Need it checked! Mostly silver on top. So we can all understand now why I need to get it processed. Nice chunk hey! but small amounts of Gold/pyrite/copper. Apparently, older bro says find more of this, I m getting warmer to a lode.

Incredible what happened out there with the force of water. It would have been equivalent to a mine explosive. Kane is not so convinced, but I think he does know we aren't looking for alluvial gold here. Complete waste of time, need to look through the ranges surrounding.

Look at how the trees have fallen over along the bank and where the junk has settled in the trees. Work out which way the water was flowing during the cyclone. Follow the trail of debris back up the creek to find the source. You should find bigger bits of that stuff as you head up the creek when the trail goes cold you know you've gone too far. Then head to the hills on either side of the creek and start loaming back the way you came to find the source. Best of luck with this. Jealous much :D

Two shutes coming of the hill where the bank gave way to the force of 12 inches of water. I am a little scared to go up yet because i have been told there are plenty of un-documented shafts up there.

I am interested in the ore deposit geology of the Dittmer mines area. Would it be possible to swap some samples from the Dittmer Mine (primary sulphide ore). I have a range of gold ores with VG I would be happy to swap.

Hi GC I have moved to Cannonvale in the past few months and just got all my gear up here I am looking for some pointers where I can go for a dig or pan or sluice or run my metal detector any pointers would be great thank

Two questions. 1: where is Dittmer? Mackay/Proserpine/Bowen area by the looks?

2: Does anyone from up that way know if you can still dig amethyst at Binbee? I had long heard you couldn't go there anymore but recently I heard that access has not been barred but rather, the place is just kind of abandoned, just as Lowmead attracted lots of amethyst diggers in the 70's and 80's but then the publics interest in fossicking sort of slumped and only a handful of people visit the place now.

Dittmar is behind prosserpine in them there hills.
Not hard to find. 1 road in and out.

Latest posts