Petition to stop the proposed ban on sluicing in Victoria

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
HeadsUp said:
Terry said:
I sent to jenny oconners .com/ greens I think it mite be blocked my comments not 0n her site I can find

thats not the right place to post it

you can click on this link below to sign the petition

http://www.change.org/en-AU/petitio...utm_medium=facebook&utm_source=share_petition

also click on this link too and click the orange writing where it says "Make a comment online now"

http://www.lpma.nsw.gov.au/crown_la...anagement/crown_lands_legislation_white_paper

we have to check that we are talking to the right people when we lodge anything

also.......

we will get better results by talking politely and giving people our information , if we jump on their heads with abuse they will close the door on us.

its far better to make friends than enemies
hi heads up there was no abuse in my post to jenny oconner as simple as saying I was more worried about the selling of our country then people following a hobby of recreational fossicking

gcause said:
Nugget said:
I think we need to start addressing the VNPA's agenda in a new topic so it can be discussed in more detail while leaving this one for the Greens proposed ban on sluicing.
Apologies Nugget I will start a separate thread. I thought we could use this response as the basis for a position paper, providing a united voice, to address a number of issues at once. I will move it. :8

That's OK gcause, there's just so many different things going on in this topic at the moment and I don't want to make it more confusing for people than it already is. Separate topics will help keep comments and associated actions relevant and directed at the correct people / organisations.

just wondering has any received a comment back from the greens I received one today with thanks for sharing my thoughts on this matter and comments have noted by senator Milne Australia greens leader

Terry said:
just wondering has any received a comment back from the greens I received one today with thanks for sharing my thoughts on this matter and comments have noted by senator Milne Australia greens leader

very kind of them to send you generic reply number # 46

its better than getting no reply at all

lets compare notes later and see if we all get the same reply

but who knows , they might all be reading our posts here

imagine ......

" bugga ..... we got to start replying with generic reply # 116 now "

they probably have reply # 46 as a keyboard shortcut key to help with replying to those 1400 letters they got

Does any one no some one famous or at least well known publicly that doesn't mind getting out into the bush for a spot of prospecting that may be interested in standing up to this publicly and adding weight to our cause?

Matt J C said:
Does any one no some one famous or at least well known publicly that doesn't mind getting out into the bush for a spot of prospecting that may be interested in standing up to this publicly and adding weight to our cause?

now you mention it why dont we aim for the top ?

what supermodel doesnt like gold and gemstones ?

in case youre looking at my avatar .... yes i promise i will get a haircut first

Nugget said:
The petition is currently at 1,235 signatures, if anyone hasn't signed it yet please consider doing so https://www.change.org/en-AU/petitions/ryan-smith-refuse-the-proposed-ban-on-sluicing-in-victoria

we have 3000 members

the other gold prospecting forums have 5000 members

combined with the mammoth efforts made to share the petition around on facebook and every other forum under the sun , how is it we are showing only 1200 signatures ?

whats wrong in this picture ? 8.(

HeadsUp said:
Nugget said:
The petition is currently at 1,235 signatures, if anyone hasn't signed it yet please consider doing so https://www.change.org/en-AU/petitions/ryan-smith-refuse-the-proposed-ban-on-sluicing-in-victoria

we have 3000 members

the other gold prospecting forums have 5000 members

combined with the mammoth efforts made to share the petition around on facebook and every other forum under the sun , how is it we are showing only 1200 signatures ?

whats wrong in this picture ? 8.(

I think it has to do with people not wanting to sign something they don't fully understand, personally I don't blame them because it is confusing stuff. All we can ask is that people check out the petition, have a good read through and make a decision.

The petition was never intended to solely stop the ban from going through, it's more about making people aware of what is going on. That in itself has generated a lot of discussion and action from various individuals which will I hope will cumulatively help the cause.

As long as people are still sharing the petition and spreading the word, it's all we really can do.

HeadsUp said:
i have a friend who signed this morning but her name isnt showing in the list

could there be anyone playing silly buggers with signatures ?

does change.org have an audit facility ?

I'm not sure why that would be the case, maybe the list is delayed or something or perhaps the process didn't complete fully?

G0lddigg@ said:
k time to put some IM skills to good use i'll put a few hours aside today to market the S^%t out of this petition

I'm quitting for the day while I'm ahead. I'm of to dig a hole the old timers would be proud of. If anyone nearby heats the pump and the hi vis come say hi. I'm protesting with a shovel today.

I wonder if contacting all the gemstone clubs Australia wide would gain some serious numbers of votes to the cause??? it will affect them as well eventually if things go wrong.. :)

Dear Greens and other enemies, I dug a hole and washed some rocks in your honour. Enjoy.
1402657286_img_20140613_205735.jpg

Signed Goldtarget,
1402657343_img_20140613_205545.jpg

(All by pan just to keep you smiling)

Latest posts