Prospects dim for fossickers - The Age newspaper article.

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
DWT, watchout man, you'll not be working 2 on 2 off. Soon you'll be keeping parlimentarian hours. That was a great response letter, and hopefully will get a reaction. The only ones who will believe this rubbish will be those WHO DONT UNDERSTAND, so its imperative that a real effort be setup to continue with information, that info to dispute everything that the greenies put up. People will believe what they finally aspire to, and if we, as a group, write just one letter, then with time, all this stuff will become law. What it needs is a continual, ongoing campaign to keep the status quo.
Someone needs to be the goto man for the Fossickers of Australia, so that if there is a quote from one side then the goto person is contacted. But that person needs to be informed and switched on. Soemone reading this may know who that person can be!!!!!
Dont let this thing turn into the debacle that was the Gunns vs Greenie fight for a pulp mill in Tassie.

beno86 said:
Where do we sit, is a moderator going to draft up or organize a petition.

I don't feel it's necessarily a moderators duty to draft up a petition as I think they're already doing their fair share to positively promote the hobby. What I propose is a few members with some form of legal background (I think this is important) to band together working with fellow members to put something together, once that's all done the forum would most likely assist in seeing it through.

Cheers,
Nugget

I would want to keep it simple to begin with

Pollies have a tendency to skim read the first few lines and then throw it in the "ignored pile" if they dont get a hammer blow of enlightenment in those first 8 seconds or so.

Mister X

In regards to the banning of sluicing in xxxx

I dont think you are working with accurate information.

Can you advise how you arrived at the belief that sluicing creates any environmental damage ?

The sluicing and detecting activities i do have been responsible for removing 11.3 kg of lead bullets from rivers and fields , i take them home and add them to the bucket which will go to the local scrap dealer for recycling when the bucket is full ( photo attached )

I often take home rubbish left behind by campers and shooters at the bush locations that i go to .

I use "best practice" when fossicking , filling in my holes as i go and i also set up my sluice so that the discharge runs over a gravel bed which is self filtering , resulting in clean water going back in to the river .

I am both a greenie and a prospector , both can live side by side without harm

I will be deeply upset if prospecting is banned for hobbyist australian citizens while foreign owned mining companies can come in to the same lands , take up leases and mine the resources while paying no tax here and funneling profits offshore .

That would be just another injustice of blind kneejerk beauracracy against law abiding tax paying citizens

Would you please consult with prospecting clubs to improve your understanding before pushing through this legislation ?

regards

Joe voter

Victoria is built on gold. Without it it would not be so. 450,000 people pass through the gates at Sovereign Hill each year. This tells me there is a general community interest, but passivity won't cut it

HeadsUp said:

Pollies have a tendency to skim read the first few lines and then throw it in the "ignored pile" if they dont get a hammer blow of enlightenment in those first 8 seconds or so.

Mister X

Can you advise how you arrived at the belief that sluicing creates any environmental damage ?

The sluicing and detecting activities i do have been responsible for removing 11.3 kg of lead bullets from rivers and fields , i take them home and add them to the bucket which will go to the local scrap dealer for recycling when the bucket is full ( photo attached )

I often take home rubbish left behind by campers and shooters at the bush locations that i go to .

I use "best practice" when fossicking , filling in my holes as i go and i also set up my sluice so that the discharge runs over a gravel bed which is self filtering , resulting in clean water going back in to the river .

I will be deeply upset if prospecting is banned for hobbyist australian citizens while foreign owned mining companies can come in to the same lands , take up leases and mine the resources while paying no tax here and funneling profits offshore .

That would be just another injustice of blind kneejerk beauracracy against law abiding tax paying citizens

Would you please consult with prospecting clubs to improve your understanding before pushing through this legislation ?

regards

Joe voter

i think we just found our go to guy.......fell like relocating to victoria HeadsUp....uh...... i mean joe voter ;)

Perhaps we should just back the PMAV with whatever they are doing, I'd imagine they'd have not only the know how but financial ability to fight this to the end. Just a suggestion.

I have approached the PMAV several times regarding registering on the forum (in an official capacity) but have never heard back from them 8.(

This issue just appeared on Prime 7 news

I wonder if I can get a video grab

dwt said:
HeadsUp said:

Mister X

regards

Joe voter

i think we just found our go to guy.......fell like relocating to victoria HeadsUp....uh...... i mean joe voter ;)

whatever method of communication is used , we have to use the 5 - 8 second grab rule unless our campaign slogan is written across the bare boobed chest of a bouncing nubile constituent in which case its probably 10 - 16 seconds

If you dont win their attention within that window their brain will be 99% turned off to any contemplation

We may not be property developers with a spare 100 grand to 'donate to a political party but we do vote and we do have rights as law abiding citizens .... i hope ?

Well said DWT and others you are doing us proud. I've only just gotten my Victorian Miners right so I am now registered to fossick in three states on the East coast.

I have a ten year Miners Right now for Victoria and at the time I signed up it is still legal to use a sluice. I wonder what the legal implications of changing a product once sold would be if it were a corporate entity we were dealing with. ASIC and Choice would be all over it. You can't sell something and then make it or a portion of it unusable at a later date.

We swear by the Southern Cross to stand truly by each other and fight to defend our rights and liberties.

Perhaps prospectors should start to team up and take over a few branches of Labor/Liberal etc with an agenda. Stack them all in certain branches. That's how others do it.

Otherwise donate $10k. More for NSW.

1401877809_time_to_act.jpg

Sounds like we can use water monitors to move the dirt while prospecting, thanks blond lady!

Seriously she is badly informed, can someone from PMAV comment on what is being done about the legislation in light of the recent media attention?

I watched the story tonight on Prime News about the Green's wanting to ban sluicing in Victoria. When it was mentioned that prospectors sprayed high pressure water at the creek banks to fing gold, my thoughts were that they must have been watcing the Hoffmann's looking for diamonds in season 4 of Gold Rush? Very Strange?

Latest posts