Prospecting / Gold Related TV Shows.

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
BigWave 13-12-17 730pm is part two on SBS.l enjoyed the scenery and looking at an environment that l have never personally experienced.l like just about any show that is gold related in some way, but not all shows are going to appeal to every body .l am looking forward to them trying to find some gold when they reach there destination.l might even learn some thing. :lol:

Yeh I'm tipping week 3 might be half ok but with the same dicky 21st century twist. Probably a small Dingo bobcat thingy flown in to fill their hoppers on a rocker. Next episodes looks like there just guna go white water rafting in a shitty little boat some moron made... duno why they just don't do the trip in complete comfort, their no where near 1800s conditions with gear, nor could they be, sorta seems ridiculous. The shows foobar

Edit/ .. not to mention the complete lack of footage of old workings, relics etc. I could find the pictures they show in a quick google image search and find more old sites out creswick.

Not sure if this has been brought up but I'll mention anyway.

Just saw an ad on foxtel for "Outback opal hunters" coming soon.

Looked interesting.

Thanks for that Shane. I'll keep an eye out for it.

The long awaited Gold Rush spin off featuring Dakota Fred and his son Dustin is coming in January.
From what I know they divert a river through a tunnel dug 100 years ago to mine at the bottom of the waterfall. The old timers did it and I guess a fair chunk of gold will have accumulated over 100 years. Looking forward to this one.

1513203881_fred.jpg

Yeah no worries mate. On Discovery btw.

That one sounds interesting! Any idea on oz viewing?

Thanks,
Shane

Just noticed in my TV guide for this Wednesday December 20th.
At 7:30 PM on SBS --
Operation Gold Rush, with Dan Snow : Digging For Gold.

Dakota Fred and his son Dustin, formerly from Gold Rush, mining the bottom of a river.

Gold Rush: White Water
Episode 1
Between craziness & insanity
January 19th - 10 PM
Discovery Channel USA

From Fred's FB page.

"200 feet above Porcupine Creek....
The Adventure starts Friday, Jan 12th, with a Recap of Dustin and my previous Gold Rush saga, and how we got to where we are today.......
Then, on Jan 19th, Episode One of Gold Rush White Water makes its debut.
The inaccessibility of the area plays a big part in this true to life mining quest.
I also have some good news for our Canadian Discovery watchers. Gold Rush White Water airs 10 days later. (I won't post date to avoid confusion).

I have no other dates for other countries at this time.

Yes! This coming Friday!
Watch it!"

Watch the trailer here.

https://www.raw.co.uk/gold-rush-white-water#showreel

Sounds very interesting indeed.
But I fly back to work this morning for 4 weeks.
Will have to try and find it when I get back

Ramjet said:
Dakota Fred and his son Dustin, formerly from Gold Rush, mining the bottom of a river.

Gold Rush: White Water
Episode 1
Between craziness & insanity
January 19th - 10 PM
Discovery Channel USA

From Fred's FB page.

"200 feet above Porcupine Creek....
The Adventure starts Friday, Jan 12th, with a Recap of Dustin and my previous Gold Rush saga, and how we got to where we are today.......
Then, on Jan 19th, Episode One of Gold Rush White Water makes its debut.
The inaccessibility of the area plays a big part in this true to life mining quest.
I also have some good news for our Canadian Discovery watchers. Gold Rush White Water airs 10 days later. (I won't post date to avoid confusion).

I have no other dates for other countries at this time.

Yes! This coming Friday!
Watch it!"

Watch the trailer here.

https://www.raw.co.uk/gold-rush-white-water#showreel

Thanks RJ

Looks like some of my favourite things

Finding gold
watching others find gold
and seeing Dakota Fred freeze his nuts off :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Only one thing better!! "ME" finding gold and not freezing my goolies off !!!! ]:D ]:D ]:D ]:D

If the show is the same as the scheme that Fred talked about a few years ago. They were going to divert a river through a tunnel cut through solid rock by the old timers, then mine the bottom of a waterfall. Intriguing for sure.

Ramjet said:
If the show is the same as the scheme that Fred talked about a few years ago. They were going to divert a river through a tunnel cut through solid rock by the old timers, then mine the bottom of a waterfall. Intriguing for sure.

Yeah But!!
In the promo it looked like they were dredging the bottom with the river still running

I can't wait :p :p :p

After the latest Gold Rush there was a show about Dakota Fred and his son Dustin. It is a review of their seasons on Gold Rush with some previews of the upcoming new Gold Rush White Water, thrown in. Worth a look in my opinion. Have seen it around as Gold Rush S08E00 Dakota boys.

Oh.... have a guess who one of the investors is...... LOL

Latest posts