Prospecting / Gold Related TV Shows.

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Put " Refined Gold. 99.9 % " and you have your answer.
Gold out of the ground has other metals silver being the
predominate metal mixed in with it.
Refine the " Ore " to purify it.

1501197772_bsg.jpg

MikeB05 said:
Devils Canyon seems to more about the Canyon and surviving it rather than gold. The old fella, John, seems to be more clued up on where to dig and he gets some nice gold. The other two seem to spend all their effort on crossing creeks or hunting for food. I will persist watching but it's less of a story about gold than about three blokes surviving some pre-winter hardships. :)
the interesting thing about devils canyon is those guys are supposedly by themselves so who supplies the batteries for their cameras because batteries dont last long in that cold weather :lol: :p

I forgot about the Aussie Gold Hunters lastnight but watched it this morning.

Plenty of quality equipment brake downs and an excellent 2.5ozer found in the salt lake :p

Still getting pleasure out of watching it :Y:

flyrodder said:
MikeB05 said:
Devils Canyon seems to more about the Canyon and surviving it rather than gold. The old fella, John, seems to be more clued up on where to dig and he gets some nice gold. The other two seem to spend all their effort on crossing creeks or hunting for food. I will persist watching but it's less of a story about gold than about three blokes surviving some pre-winter hardships. :)
the interesting thing about devils canyon is those guys are supposedly by themselves so who supplies the batteries for their cameras because batteries dont last long in that cold weather :lol: :p

In the first ep it was discussed about solar charging for the camera batteries, now seeing the show, there is not a lot of sunshine, or was it edited out...

I'm afraid the whole thing left me a little cold ]:D big talk for so little gold, except maybe John who clearly stated what he wanted to achieve the other 2 seemed to give the impression that it was a one hit deal....

If I got some of those pans I'm really sure I'd be back

cashgoldsilver said:

Plenty of quality equipment brake downs and an excellent 2.5ozer found in the salt lake :p

Watched it this morning?

golddiggerart said:
cashgoldsilver said:

Watched it this morning?

Yep - repeated at 10:30am on foxtel :)

MikeB05 said:
Is season 2 episode 4 available yet???

Which show Mike? We seem to have a mixed discussion of Aussie Gold Hunters and Devil's canyon. ;)

Devil's Canyon series one ran for 6 episodes I think and has just ended.

Aussie Gold Hunters has just aired Episode 4 of Season 2 and a 3rd season is likely according to one of the producers. :D

I'm 4 episodes deep into devil's canyon. I like it so far, because i like survival shows and prospecting shows and this is a bit of both. The older bloke has an awesome attitude, I think he just gets 'it'.

So my one gripe... one of the fellas is smart enough to leave his highbanker hidden at the to of the canyon and will get it if needed. All good, smart thinking. BUT, why the frig don't they leave food caches up the top as well? They spend a ridiculous amount of time looking for food. Or not digging because they are too rooted because they have no energy because of lack of food. Arrrggghhh.

Just sat down ( after the kids finally went to bed )
And watched bering sea gold E1 ( under the ice)
I must say. This season looks like it's going to be a ripped. And even odds the Kellys try and kill each other, well mybe just the old man

Oh. Why has this topic not been pinned? Just saying.

XIV said:
Just sat down ( after the kids finally went to bed )
And watched bering sea gold E1 ( under the ice)
I must say. This season looks like it's going to be a ripped. And even odds the Kellys try and kill each other, well mybe just the old man

Oh. Why has this topic not been pinned? Just saying.

Looks like it's going to be a good Ice season for a few of them.... :Y:

While waiting for some regular gold shows to come back on , I decided to watch an old program "Ice Cold Gold' .

It's about 6 american prospectors going into to very remote parts of Greenland in search of rubies and gold.

What a crap show...these blokes hike for miles in 'active' geology (falling rocks and over massive moving rock screes) and over crevas cut glaciers to use a small pick to bash out samples of ore (one-two kilos per trip) from the mineralized zones on the top of cliff edges and mountain tops.

They then trek all the way (4-5 hours) back to base camp....crush the samples.... then hike to a creek, set up a double McKirk sluice, drop in about 2 kilos of crushed dirt and then pan it out.

Then it gets hilarious...the geologist on the team then uses a jeweler's loupe to see if there is gold in the pan. (even at my old age I can see flour gold in the bottom of a pan without needing a loupe).

I've never seen anything so stupid and dangerous.

Why would you climb for hours over dangerously moving rocks to take samples from the top of cliff faces when the bottom of the cliff face is strewn with rock that fell off the same cliff.?

Why would you head thousand of feet in altitude up a mountain to find the 'source' of gold...when the gravel wash in the stream at the bottom of the mountain contains 'no gold'.

Anyway if you want to watch a bunch of so called 'experts' waste time and huge amounts of money...getting nowhere and putting their lives at risk, this is just the show.

Thank goodness Bering Sea Gold is now back on.

MikeB05 said:
While waiting for some regular gold shows to come back on , I decided to watch an old program "Ice Cold Gold' .

It's about 6 american prospectors going into to very remote parts of Greenland in search of rubies and gold.

What a crap show...these blokes hike for miles in 'active' geology (falling rocks and over massive moving rock screes) and over crevas cut glaciers to use a small pick to bash out samples of ore (one-two kilos per trip) from the mineralized zones on the top of cliff edges and mountain tops.

They then trek all the way (4-5 hours) back to base camp....crush the samples.... then hike to a creek, set up a double McKirk sluice, drop in about 2 kilos of crushed dirt and then pan it out.

Then it gets hilarious...the geologist on the team then uses a jeweler's loupe to see if there is gold in the pan. (even at my old age I can see flour gold in the bottom of a pan without needing a loupe).

I've never seen anything so stupid and dangerous.

Why would you climb for hours over dangerously moving rocks to take samples from the top of cliff faces when the bottom of the cliff face is strewn with rock that fell off the same cliff.?

Why would you head thousand of feet in altitude up a mountain to find the 'source' of gold...when the gravel wash in the stream at the bottom of the mountain contains 'no gold'.

Anyway if you want to watch a bunch of so called 'experts' waste time and huge amounts of money...getting nowhere and putting their lives at risk, this is just the show.

Thank goodness Bering Sea Gold is now back on.
If you think season 1 is bad. Season 2 takes the cake.
It was so bad , I had to watch the rest of the season , just to watch the train reck unfold.
Doesn't look like any chance of a 3rd season.

So mike. I couldn't agree more with your opinion on this show

Gold fever:Eureka is a show on Quest at the moment telling the story of the Boston company in the 1849 rush to California. 4 parts I think. Part 1 is up on demand. I watched it and it wasn't bad. Kinda a doco with the re-enactment thing going on and Dozer Dave makes an appearance.

Here is a list from the first post on this topic. It probably should be updated. Add any shows that are missing if ya like.

Gold Prospecting

Gold Rush (originally called Gold Rush Alaska)
Gold Fever
Goldfathers
Jungle Gold
Bamazon
Ghost Gold Mine
Yukon Gold
Ice Cold Gold. (this show they hunt for gold and gems)
Bering Sea Gold
Bering Sea Gold under the ice (Under the ice is the winter operation)
Wild to Riches. I havent seen this one yet.
Alaskan Gold Diggers
The Sea of Zipangu: Deep Sea Gold Rush. Haven't seen this one yet.
Silver Rush

Gems and Crystals

Prospectors
Diamond Divers
Gem Hunt
Game of Stones

Coins and Relics

"Diggers" is a National Geo show following 2 guys Metal detecting across the US. Looking for gold, Coins and artifacts. It's a bit.... American but watchable
American Digger. (If you can handle the ex wrestlers over the top personality and the planted finds)
Dig Wars

YouTube

D'arcy Cooper
Balxies Gold Adventures
Granpas gold show
Walnliz
Always looking for more info on prospecting, came across a couple of US shows online.
"Diggers" is a National Geo show following 2 guys Metal detecting across the US. Looking for gold, Coins and artifacts. It's a bit.... American but watchable .
"Goldfathers" Only seen 1 Episode. Following modern day gold hunters in the USA .
Both on YouTube

Latest posts