Prospecting / Gold Related TV Shows.

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Aussie Gold Hunters annoyed me again lastnight but this time not because of the advertisements :8

The narrators voice was "normal" in the beginning then it went very soft,I turned up the volume but it seemed not to make no difference,maybe it is my location being right under Mount Coolum but I am not sure.

Also the editing was horrible in my opinion,one minute we were pushing dirt swinging a GPX 5000 then next minute we weighted the Gold and the show was over :(

Someone made the comment that there is too many characters to follow which seems to be proven true,plus I think that we are being taken for mugs :|

But saying that I did have sympathy for the Gold Gypies and their ageing father :brokenh:

Will I watch it next week,probably :rolleyes:

Enjoy your weekend :Y:

Well I just caught up on episode 2 with Dirt Dogs weighing their gold dry (yeah about time you gave us the real weight) and Vern reckons it's worth $90 odd grand? Bullshit+t. Fairdinkum how f#@king dumb are the directors and decision makers putting this together reality TV made by people who couldn't do what their subjects do yet sit in the shadows and profit from such.

So Vern reckons their finds (Jakes) is worth 90k or there abouts ptttt, it hasn't been processed to bullion 99.99% = 24 carat (4x9's gold) it's just out of the ground. So realistically it'd be around 22 carat purity giving it a value in AU dollars of around 75&1/2k. So here's today's values, see for yourself.
1500034455_screenshot_20170714-213713.jpg
1500034478_img_20170714_221311.jpg

The volume was bad for sure. I love watching the dogs and surely the gypsies would have done a bit more homework before agreeing to that deal. That gold could of come from anywhere. I hope they can get out of that deal and have better luck.

Chewy said:
But ya have to remember that this was filmed a while ago. The gold price they were working on might have been higher. Remember when Trump opens his mouth the gold price goes up. :D

Mustn't have been active with his gob lately :p

Panner said:
The volume was bad for sure..

Nothing wrong with the volume just the wank description of value ($$$ pretensions and self glorifying imo) is what annoys me. Any punter would be happy with that volume 1713 grams, it'd make me smile :D :D :Y: :D :D

Chewy said:
But ya have to remember that this was filmed a while ago. The gold price they were working on might have been higher. Remember when Trump opens his mouth the gold price goes up. :D

Hi guys and gals,

Chewy is right - we started filming in November 2016 and have calculated the gold price as AUD$1600 per ounce and AUD$50 per gram for continuity which is reflected throughout the series.

I am sorry that some of you were having technical difficulties with sound, that shouldn't be so please DM me if this continues and I will further investigate.

Glad to read that (most of you) are enjoying Season 2. We've got some great stories and gold finds coming up over the next eight episodes and I believe that the series gets stronger and stronger.

I've been busy this week on a big tour of the WA goldfields meeting folks and visiting places for a most likely Season 3 :)

Regards and happy gold hunting,

Diana

Chewy said:

Have you looked at the gold price lately . $1582 atm and been sliding since mid May. Something to do with someone playing around with missiles or something in some overseas spot.

Good on you Diana for clearing up the time you filmed series 2. Everyone seems to have missed the point that gold out of the ground ISN'T worth bullion value and to say such is pretentious. As far as my comments with regard to the producers of reality TV nothing has changed, there's nothing real about it. If you want to make reality TV tell it how it is, make sure the gold is dry before weighing it and calculate the value of how the gold is presented. If you process it to bullion value then knock yourself out and value it as such or just value it in real time as 22 carat purity which most of Au gold is at the time it comes out of the ground. Hope this helps with series 3 being presented as real :Y:.

No offence intended I'm just sick and tired of media (which reality TV is a part of) portraying untruths. Even at $50.00 per gram (your words Diana, stating bullion value) 99.99 purity the Dirt Dogs still didn't come home with 90k in the bank. Bullion value could have been $2k per ounce who cares what it was it's the way presenter's present it as bullion value which is false and pretentious when it's just out of the ground without being processed to 24 carat purity.

Latest posts