⭐ Treasure Hunting Show & Tell - Show us your favourite, oldest, best finds.

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Found this while noodling out west , I call it outback sunset after a few forum members commented on how it looks like a sunset .
1504003179_img_5357.jpg

Well done mate . Nice find. Only wish I could find one myself. Was it in a park ?

my fav coin so far , for a few reasons :Y:
it came from the first goldfields :cool:
it is 8 years older than said fields :cool:
i dug it under 6 inches from someone else's unfilled holes :pickshovel: :party: :party:
it speaks to me of what it may have been like for the poor bugger that lost it :awful: :8

1538522886_p1120338.jpg

On September 23rd Phil dragged me out into the wilds at the crack of dawn (which is 8am for me :zzz: ). I'm more a crack of mid-morning type.... I get my second wind about 10pm!! By midnight I'm wide awake, hehehe. :playful:

The plan was to find something, anything. Phil enthusiastically set off with the Go-Find 40, his pick and hoe :pickshovel: but it was already hot and I just couldn't be bothered swinging a detector. So while Phil wandered around aimfully detecting to his heart's content I dragged myself around aimlessly just specking the surface. I figured if I saw something it would be easier to bend down and pick it up rather than have to dig. As I said, I just couldn't be bothered. I had the enthusiasm of a legless fly, i.e.. a sit. :|

It grew hotter and hotter and after a couple of hours Phil slowly meandered his way back to me with a grand show and tell total of.... nothing :brokenh: . I gave him the usual comforting cuddle and commiserations. I tried hard to keep looking at the ground and hide my little grin O:) . After all, I had specked something really cool.

Just a minute earlier I had been picking up a few buttons in a spill when I noticed something that looked just a bit odd. You've got to check it out haven't you? Well, I do {) . It was half-buried so I carefully dug around it using fingers only. To my surprise there was a tiny cast iron sitting smack bang in the palm of my hand. Gorgeous little thing and I was delighted. Eventually, I couldn't hold my grin back and I slowly held out my lovely relic and showed Phil. :trophy:

Thankfully, he was suitably impressed :D and I think this is my favourite relic find to date. :inlove:

1539590927_img_4251.jpg

1539591026_img_4255.jpg

1539591062_img_4260.jpg

1539591088_img_4249.jpg

A bit of research shows my baby iron is a vintage miniature salesman sample. The salesmen used to go door to door with a whole plethora of teeny kitchenalia and tools etcetera. You'd pick what you wanted and a full sized version would be delivered later. I also have a miniature bicycle tyre patch press with Dunlop embossed on it but that wasn't dug. My dear mum gave it to me recently after I showed her my new iron. I guess she figured I didn't know how to use either of them. Smartypants. :)

1539591134_img_4306.jpg

1539591157_img_4310.jpg

Now I know about these lovely miniatures I would love to get some more for my collection, lol. Oh no... another monster unleashed, hehehe. :playful: :D :eek:

Latest posts