⭐ Treasure Hunting Show & Tell - Show us your favourite, oldest, best finds.

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My new favounites. A complete "Texan Junior" cap gun which was a bucket list item for me and an 1807 Halfpenny, my oldest coin so far.

1437181793_img_2015070815235.jpg

1437181819_1436514192_20150710_170204_copy.jpg

1437181840_1436514191_20150710_170155_copy.jpg

rocketaroo said:
rocketaroo said:
My 2 dollar coin...hoping to top that soon!

That isnt my favorite anymore lol Not sure what would be though, have found alot of cool stuff over my first 5 months :) I know, the fav find is RJ, my detecting buddy! Even though, he fingers nearly all the florins! :p

UUMM yeah don't know what to say. :8
Thanks Rocket. Enjoy your company too. Funny thing is I quite enjoy detecting alone and never looked for a partner in crime. I met up with Rocket because he wanted someone to detect with. Really enjoy it now. Sharing the excitement of a find as you dig it is pretty cool. Ya make a mean Coles mini pizza too. :D

Detecting alone is fun and has its advantages, though I think I'm due for a detecting partner in the not too distant future to share the hobby with. I have a club hunt coming up tomorrow, so it should be fun to have a detect with some other coin shooters for a change, rather than mumbling to myself all the time. :D

Hopefully I will come up with some new favourite finds. ;)

Could be a lot of pushing and shoving in that case(club outing) :mad: , 8.( , :8 , :| , :cool: ,... ;) ,... sort of like the old red light special days of big W, way back when(ha)
Goldpick said:
Detecting alone is fun and has its advantages, though I think I'm due for a detecting partner in the not too distant future to share the hobby with. I have a club hunt coming up tomorrow, so it should be fun to have a detect with some other coin shooters for a change, rather than mumbling to myself all the time. :D

Hopefully I will come up with some new favourite finds. ;)

P.O.W. CAMPS COIN...these were minted to use only in the internment camps and soon as the war was over they were melted down. These are rare coins and worth a nice sum of money.
Found this one out in the country the camp was well and trully overgrow with bush and verry difficult to swing the detector,i was the only one to have found a coin. Been back a few times now without any luck..
1439707819_p.o.w__coin.jpg

Then there's the telescope and magnifying glass. I found the telescope and a mate found the magnifying glass. There was a bit of arguing as to whether we both keep one each or whether one person keeps both. After a few beers that night I ended up with the magnifying glass for a carton of beer. I have a strange feeling that it's a set of 3 and I am missing another piece.
1441599503_dscn0986.jpg

1441599537_dscn0987.jpg
1441599559_dscn0989.jpg
1441599576_dscn0990.jpg
1441599592_dscn0991.jpg

And what I think is my best find to date!
While driving along the Big river to Jamison road (20 years ago) on a fishing/prospecting trip I looked back over my shoulder and saw a ridge sticking out. There was nothing there but I always looked out for old sites and thought to myself that it may have been an old home site so grabbed the detector and had a quick scan. Sure enough heaps of old rusty nails were on the ground and nothing else. The home had probably burnt down. A sparkle in a tree caught my eye and there it was hung up on a nail in a falling apart burnt leather case. The compass part doesn't work. But I did a bit of research and the arrow means it's military officers from WW1.
1441600795_dscn0998.jpg

1441600818_dscn0999.jpg

1441600853_dscn1000.jpg

I detected that site where I got the compass 25 years ago with a crappy detector. For anyone wanting to have another go at that site;
Travel from Big river crossing towards Jameison and I think it was after the lookout keep an eye out on your right/the high side. The ridge unlike most others has been cleared at the end where the building was. You will know you have found it by detecting the nails.
Good Luck :)
1441630909_approx_position.jpg

Latest posts