Garrett Super Sluice Deal!!

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bradhz

Detect 'A' Den
Reaction score
GARRETT SUPER SLUICE **$32.00** LIMITED STOCK

1400479879_1650400_15in_super_sluice__26412.1373327130.1280.1280.jpg

1400479976_gold-pans-howto.jpg

Call Canberra on 1800 127 717
Call Batemans Bay on 1800 220 960

These are a fantastic pan, especially for non or semi-classified material. Great price too.

Wow by three pic it comes with its own gold supply! Be nice to see that sort of volume in it....mine would be lucky to have seen one tenth that. I know the nephew is in the market for one (pan out the new grubsteak) and one to use on site would be nice, might give then a call and check against local prices.

Goldtarget said:
Wow by three pic it comes with its own gold supply! Be nice to see that sort of volume in it....mine would be lucky to have seen one tenth that. I know the nephew is in the market for one (pan out the new grubsteak) and one to use on site would be nice, might give then a call and check against local prices.

Personally I prefer to use the Garrett 14" Prospectors Pan to finish off Sluice concentrates as it has smaller riffles.

Brilliant pan! Takes a bit more to get used to as they are a bit heavier than the 14" pan.

I was always told "big bottoms are the best" & tend to agree that a pan with a big bottom is great for finishing off. You are able to get a nice gentle/controlled swirl happening to wash the black sands away.

I have several different pans but nowadays the 15" supersluice is the only one that gets used. It's the bomb!

I'm in the same boat as Agman, but i have both, the prospector is my daily, and SS for finishing, especially sluice cons, that deep wide feel cuts down time for me, would love another SS for a daily, just a little worried to lose it, its like family. I know we should love people not objects, but even though i know some people i could watch from the bank float down the river, I couldn't bear to see it go. Maybe I'll slip the prospector to the young fella, if he keeps going not only will he have more stuff than me he might start to nudge the hoffmans. I'm going to do a little write up on him soon.

Don't get me wrong I love this pan and recommenced it whenever I can (I own 4 of them myself :lol:), and if I'm just straight out panning I'll mostly use the Super Sluice because I don't have to pre-classify and can work through a higher volume of material.

Maybe it's my technique but I find it easier to displace smaller processed material (i.e. ran though the high-banker) in the shallower riffles of the Prospectors Pan thus exposing the gold. Once I get it down that far, I rotate and pan off the non-riffled side until majority of the black sand has washed away.

I guess it comes down to the individuals panning style, but either way the Super Sluice is a premium pan.

Status
Not open for further replies.