⭐ Gold Detecting Show'n Tell

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Every third gold find seems to occur as a person is "walking back to the car"!!

My next hunt will only consist of me walking 200 metres from the car, turning around, turning 'tector on and detect/walk 'back to the car'. Can't miss I reckon ;) ;)

On a serious note, well done Booney, NG and Sleckie. All gold is great gold.

Sleckie - what is that thing your gold is sitting on? Coin? Button? Token?

Northeast said:
Every third gold find seems to occur as a person is "walking back to the car"!!

My next hunt will only consist of me walking 200 metres from the car, turning around, turning 'tector on and detect/walk 'back to the car'. Can't miss I reckon ;) ;)

On a serious note, well done Booney, NG and Sleckie. All gold is great gold.

Sleckie - what is that thing your gold is sitting on? Coin? Button? Token?

Hi mate 35mm film canister :D thats my luck catch can :Y:

Who needs an sdc when ya got a 12 evo. ;)
1542156419_2018-11-13_17.16.10.jpg

RM Outback said:
kingswood said:
https://www.prospectingaustralia.co...3_10156139423531559_8862804292495474688_n.jpg
Day off. Patch hunting (again!)...Found a small run of nuggets :)
Ended up with 7 from all along a line of about 30 metres. My first ever run/patch....Most of mine up until today have been solo/orphan nuggets!

Well done kingswood :Y: awesome finds, not sure if it's just me but I can only see 4 pieces. Either way top job :Y: I'd love a run of 7 that size.
Ha ha thank you...and yes, only 4 in this pic :) Found the other 3 after I took the photo, one more for me and 2 for my mate with the 2300 :)

Hi folks,

Just a little quiz for you. Found this the other day and would like you to tell me what it is. The case on the left is a .303 case and the one on the right is a .22 long rifle case. The one in the middle is rimless and a little larger than the .22 long rifle case and hollow. There is a clover leaf stamp on the base. What is it.

1542282234_cases.jpg

1542282255_end.jpg

Looking forward to the replies.

Cheers

Doug

Thanks guys. Really learned a lot on what the machines actually do. Keen to go for a swing every weekend now. The finance manager is worried I'm going to buy my brother in law's kit from him now I've have fun borrowing it. Haha.

I don't know bullets at all, so you may be right Nanjim.
I was thinking something to do with blasting caps - good luck! :playful:
But I guess that would be a 4 leaf clover, wouldn't it?

Latest posts