⭐ Gold Detecting Show'n Tell

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ProspectorPete said:
I managed a quick couple of hours this morning while out seeing Hermann, dropped off the new harness and slab of Great Northern as promised and was rewarded with a nice little piece using the 17x11 Advantage I bought from Pirate Pete a couple of weeks back.
Feeling really in-tune lately with my setup and plucking this piece from a very flogged area has me feeling confident there's more to be found (when I get the time).

https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/img/member-images/3820/1536478599_20180909_103737.jpg
https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/img/member-images/3820/1536478696_20180909_103717.jpg

They're great coils, I've got one and you can swing them all day!

Well we got zip while we were in the Welsford Forest but managed two at a detour on the way home. The larger one is 0.55 and the smaller one is 0.09 I'm wrapped :). With the recent work load I needed some head space, couldn't ask for a better way to finish off a weekend.
1536484110_img_20180909_190144.jpg

Nothing Great said:
Good stuff RM outback and nice photo mate. Are these taken off your phone?

Yeah NG taken with my phone mind you it's about photo number 10 :D had to put'em on the bonnet and wait for the sun to come out of the cloud. Don't ask me how I did it it just happened, the wife's tiring of that line :D.

1536491192_2018-09-09_19.12.27.jpg

Managed to get a couple of nice bits today. Two of my better bits so far. Gotta say I am loving this evo coil. The bigger piece i have walked over that many times with my commander coil and not even a blip nothing. It was pretty deep well over the length of my scoop anyway. Pretty bloody stoked. Sorry about the poor picture.

There rippers NG, the way your going you'll have a jar full of nothing great before you know it :Y: keep up the good work. I'm really enjoying your posts great consistency well done.

1536620823_2018-09-11_09.05.16.jpg

After my brilliant Sunday afternoon which netted me two nice pieces I figured I would give detecting a miss for monday. Luckily I changed my mind after feeding the horses and went for a quick swing and kept my lucky streak in tact. Nothing great but still gold and proves to me that if I keep being thorough that anything is possible. This little fella was under a couple of sticks which I moved to get a swing in.

So today after feeding up the horses I decided to head out for a swing to make the most of the cooler weather. Had a shower of rain as well which was nice . Anyway for some reason I wasnt overly confident I was going to find any gold today so I made a decision to remove some trash targets I had been leaving behind on purpose. Bullet after bullet, wire pieces, rusty bolts I dug them all and there were plenty to be had let me tell you. An hour or so into my work I Stumbled upon a hole I had dug a couple of days before and gave up on as the signal was extremely weird. I couldnt figure out what it was as it wasnt like anything I had heard before. It almost seemed as though the 4500 was getting electrical interference or something.
So I dug back out the dirt which had been kicked back in and still the signal wasnt quite right. I decided to keep digging to see if I could work it out. At around a foot deep the target was out of the ground and was now screaming at me. I grabbed the scoop and got my now noisy little friend into my hand and it turned out it was a beautiful long slender piece of gold. I was gobsmacked. And to think I backfilled the hole days earlier. I was absolutely over the moon and somewhat embarrassed at the same time. The nugget must have been standing on its end or edge and the machine couldnt get a handle on it. I was now back in the groove and foccussed on finding some more gold. I decided to make a move further up hill to another likely looking spot. I ran the evo coil along the onion weed as I walked just in case. I was quickly stopped in my tracks however as i walked straight over that unmistakable faint signal we love to hear. Bang- another nice little spikey piece went into the scoop. Fair dinkum this afternoon was just blowing my mind!!!
To top the day off some ten minutes later I dug my first ever coin. A 1934 six pence.

My appologies for the long winded post but today was just so amazing I felt compelled to share with you all.

1536746208_2018-09-12_18.43.40.jpg

1536746237_2018-09-12_18.44.30.jpg
1536746263_2018-09-12_18.44.03.jpg

Hi ya dont know how long you have been detecting but if you can tell what a target is by sound your a lot better at it than me and dare I say most of us on here bullets and buckshot sound the same as nuggets and the only time I know what a target is is when I have it in my hand ,I learnt that from MInelab Gold never assume its trash always dig it out .just my 2 bobs worth .Well done on your finds by the way .PP

Hi pirate pete.
Have only been detecting for 4 or 5 weeks. The first two weeks I didnt find any gold at all. I have since found 21 pieces of gold with all of it being rough stuff with sharp edges. To date i havent found anything decent but they have all sounded faint to me. Whether thats just because they are so small or the roughness of them i dont really know. The buck shot has sounded close to most of my gold. My brain has probably been trained that gold sounds so soft because mine have been smaller. Biggest stuff around a gram i guess. Still dont have any scales. Maybe if i find some bigger bits that are loud and clear like a bullett i might surprise myself. I have pondered that actually when a lot of bullets are so mangled why they are so loud. Anyway i will just keep swinging and hope i can find some bigger bits. Thanks for the advice every bit helps.

Thanks wishfull
I still dont have any scales so no idea on weight really. I will get off my backside today and try and buy some. Although i might be more disheartened when i see how small it actually is lol

As for the coin i really need to clean it better. Does the acid work on them the same as the gold do you know?

Latest posts