⭐ Gold Detecting Show'n Tell

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
1536309473_2018-09-07_18.36.45.jpg

Managed to get out for an hour this afternoon and struck it lucky. Was very surprised with the loudness of the larger piece. I picked it as yet another 22 bullet but dug it up anyway. The first 11 bits I have found have all been super faint signals but this one was quite clear with the evo. Guess it will take a bit of retraining the ears after using the commander for the first 4 weeks. Anyway very happy with the peformance of the evo so far.

Hi folks,

I forgot about this one, it was found on the 24th August at Halls Creek. It was a faint noise in a creek bed where I found a few others. The digging was very confined and at 20 inches down I rescued it. The GPZ was on High Yield.

1536311601_20180824_153721-600x800.jpg

The mornings finds.

1536311630_20180907_170245-600x800.jpg

1536311648_20180907_170332-600x800.jpg

I reckon it will probably go about 62 grams without the quartz. For the love of gold I can not work out the specific gravity test. And no, I'm not going to try to do it again. My head is still messed up from the last try. ]:D

Cheers

Doug

Very nice Doug, you must be doing OK if you forgot about that one.
We were at Old Halls Creek about 2 months ago, keep your eyes open for a bloke in an old Nissan Patrol with a canopy setup on the back, he spent about 5 minutes checking out our van when we were down a remote track, he didn't know it but I was standing behind a tree with a pick over my shoulder watching every move he made. I am usually a good judge of character and this guy was up to no good.

Great find Doug :Y: It shows the GPZ can still punch deep when operating in High Yield...did you have in Difficult or General or Deep settings? I have found that on some deeper targets where i have flicked through the settings that i was able to still hear the target in Difficult mode..but when when i switched to General it was of similar volume but only the audio response changed a bit..

I guess i haven't yet come across a deeper bigger target where General or Deep would hear a target over Difficult...I do tend to go back over some ground in General and or Deep setting just in case :D but generally run in High Yield / Difficult with Sensitivity / Gain around 17...I guess the only way is to keep checking signal responses as they present..I am enjoying the learning curve..

Bill

I managed a quick couple of hours this morning while out seeing Hermann, dropped off the new harness and slab of Great Northern as promised and was rewarded with a nice little piece using the 17x11 Advantage I bought from Pirate Pete a couple of weeks back.
Feeling really in-tune lately with my setup and plucking this piece from a very flogged area has me feeling confident there's more to be found (when I get the time).

1536478599_20180909_103737.jpg

1536478696_20180909_103717.jpg

Latest posts