⭐ Gold Detecting Show'n Tell

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
1531733996_e794972f-cbe3-4749-b022-0982e81e430d.jpg
Just been to Tibooburra for a week , got a few bits each day , not big , but a lot of fun getting gold each day , got it all on the Common.
20 bits for 1.2 grams

=hardyakka]Hi all, went for a quick swing this morning.
Picked up 13 little pieces and 3 species, there is no visible gold on the larger piece of quartz
but it does give off a really good signal.
All 3 species come from the 1 hole.
Picked up with a 5000 and an 8" Detech coil

Cheers

CONGRATS MATE!!! nice nugs Alough I was Really surprised to see a { DIETECH COIL } Especially as I bought A MD & it is called a Dietech Professional Gold Catcher 28KHZ, VLF It also came with 6"/8" & 12" inch coils From Europe All for only $1,100 United States Dollars! As this year I am going to take a Gold Prospecting trip to Australia around Nov, Is that a decent time to visit? I also have an Aunt & Uncle in NSW who have been bugging me to come over for a long time actually since they moved over there from N,Ireland in 1976. Again congrats Mate on that nice find!! & I also wish u good health to enjoy much more MD for many years to come.
Patrick. Long Island New York.
P.S. Who knows? I Might look up a Gold Prospecting Club thats located there before I leave,
And I hope to find a few new buddies willing to go & prospect with, As I am going for at least for 6 weeks!!
So If u know anyone?? (I am even willing to pick up (some) expences or hire a good guide) as I am not going to come back to the USA
without gold!!
peroid!

I drove through some nice looking areas on the way to Darwin a few weeks ago, plan to go back in the future for a closer look if I can get access. I also saw some of the healthiest mango trees there, shame it's so hot when they ripen.

Hi Folks,

Went out to some old mullock heaps with my daughter this morning. The plan was to see if she could uncover her first piece of detected gold. We took an SDC and an Equinox 800 with us. I wanted to see how the later would perform on the small gold. It was in fact a chance to compare the machines and see if there was any value in taking the 800 into this area. I knew the ground was fairly mild and there was a chance that the Equinox may be able to detect something of value. We spent about half an hour clearing a couple of mounds before we got our first signal. I had ten red and white buttons that were to be placed on the marks of any signal. Red for the Equinox and white for the SDC. The rule was that you could not scrape to improve the signal in any way. Both machines would detect the mound before any targets were to be dug. The second mound detected produced a good signal on both machines. (the signal ID was bouncing between 15 and 17 on the Equinox.)
1532153469_441f1fc1-50ea-4ea3-b7f2-f2de424fc3a6.jpg
Unfortunately it ended up being an old leather rivet.
1532153556_c0f1a411-1656-46b8-9b3f-d970e45223e5.jpg
Around lunchtime Rebecca pulled a solid signal on the SDC. I tested the Equinox on the target and it also produced a clean chirp. She asked me what I thought it was and I said junk. (The target ID was bouncing between 1 and 2 which indicated that it was probably gold) We were both pleased to see that first little piece pop out. About 10 minutes later Rebecca had another small bit of gold in the scoop just as NUGS MONEY came around the corner. After a bit of a chat and some yummy food that he gave us, we continued for a while with no further result.
1532154981_ee3f88f4-2f76-46db-bf2b-4d4d2008dd35.jpg

Although the gold was scarce, it was a good day out with top company. The Equinox showed promising signs in this location. In general it was a bit bump sensitive but it ran quietly when the sensitivity was at around 17. A 6 coil could make this a good machine for finding small gold in ground thats not too highly mineralised.

Cheers for now.

Les

Lesgold, thanks for the feedback on the nox, im waiting on the postman to deliver mine so all info at this stage is valuable. Cheers :) :Y:

Got out to Amherst for the day and had a great day ...weather was just perfect.
Managed to get almost a gram, the best I have done all year!

SDC nailed a few little ones and the 2 bigger ones was with a GPX 5000 with 12 inch coil.
Biggest was 0.37g
Very stoked with myself.
1532678487_thumb_img_5288_1024.jpg

Myself and matty went out to a spot I found a few weeks back. Found about an oz there the other week, biggest being 5 grams. Been saving this spot for matty and I to go back to.
Went back on Sunday and right at the end of the day I was lucky enough to get this 2oz chunk.
Stoked to share this dig with matty.
We both also got the usual small shit and there was a 3 grammer half way downish to the 2 oz piece.
Yeeew!
1532996514_20180731_101759.jpg

Latest posts