⭐ Gold Detecting Show'n Tell

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Certainly got more than you bargained for enlighting and frightening in one moment. I was hoping for an hour or two today but the wind made my decision for me.

Think my scales are broken on 0.05 hehe ah well all to the collection went out after work 2hrs came home grabbed my dogs/Ute & off to the bush....
1519632246_36632592-e2ca-480e-9b1e-44bab862c834.jpg

Let me know if you get sick of me posting the little bits & Ill stop :Y:
Scotty

Sleckie74 said:
Think my scales are broken on 0.05 hehe ah well all to the collection went out after work 2hrs came home grabbed my dogs/Ute & off to the bush....

Scotty
That's ok....thats 2.....only another 619 and you'll have an ounce! :D

cairnspom said:
Sleckie74 said:

Scotty
That's ok....thats 2.....only another 619 and you'll have an ounce! :D
I nearly got 2 ounces but it hasnt taken 1238 nuggets hehe not very often lately I come home empty handed :Y: it dont bother me how big or how small its the treasure hunt & being out in our great bushland that makes it all worth it (with my 2 best mates)

Bjay said:
Sleckie74 said:
https://www.prospectingaustralia.co...2246_36632592-e2ca-480e-9b1e-44bab862c834.jpg
Scotty
I want to see some big bits from ya. :Y:
1519728672_c66aa8d3-99c9-4a09-b1ef-0198a9cdc4aa.jpg

Does that tickle ya fancy bjay? That was just before Chrissy found about 4 grams since then the two top rhs bits I brought rest are my finds,my favourite is the big bit my best find to date. But still love finding any!!!
Scotty

Sleckie74 said:
Bjay said:
Sleckie74 said:
https://www.prospectingaustralia.co...2246_36632592-e2ca-480e-9b1e-44bab862c834.jpg
Scotty
I want to see some big bits from ya. :Y:
https://www.prospectingaustralia.co...8672_c66aa8d3-99c9-4a09-b1ef-0198a9cdc4aa.jpg
Does that tickle ya fancy bjay? That was just before Chrissy found about 4 grams since then the two top rhs bits I brought rest are my finds,my favourite is the big bit my best find to date. But still love finding any!!!
Scotty
yeah that does it. :Y:

Hi all,
Went out for a few hours yesterday with Paul13 and Steve, my first time out since new hip which went well although after about 6 hours left them to it. Paul had 1 piece by then and I got the bit below. Great day with great guys for company, big thanks to Paul for sharing his spot and the salad roll (yum).

1519772652_img_5629.jpg

Ps no idea why my pictures come out updide down?

Bob

1519890353_img_0544.jpg

1519890353_img_0545.jpg

1519890354_img_0546.jpg

Went out to an old spot at Castlemaine today and found a quartz specimen about 6" deep in gravel. Got home and broke it up and out popped a .86gm piece of gold. EMI was an issue, lots of aircraft overhead and other interference from nearby power lines. Nice to be out and find some yellow, even if only for a couple of hours.

Well done Bill. A nice looking piece. Now that you have found your gram piece, youll want one of that size every time you go out. It would be nice if it worked that way but unfortunately its not a reality. Good stuff mate. Keep the yellow stuff coming.

Thanks Lesgold very happy to have got my gram and understand they will not be big. This one was a quartz specimen and I was happy with that. Not spectacular enough to keep as specimen though. Checked this spot twice before since I last found gold there and running quiet settings and the enhancer I had some luck.