⭐ Gold Detecting Show'n Tell

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
goldrat said:
Bacchus said:
Whisp said:
Bacchus said:
Been AWOL for quite a while and a very lean 2017 . Got out to Jupiter today for this 1.6 grammer .

Just North of Whites Gully JC
SDC setting 3 , 8-9 inches , very faint warble , pipe clay.

https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/img/member-images/4092/1515474436_img_0431.jpg

When you display a nugget on a coin could you please use a modern coin as most of us don't remember the sizes of the Lsd coins. Getting old :)

Sorry mate it was the last one out of the Christmas Pudding :Y:
FYI a Thrupence is roughly the size of a 50 cent piece ;)

Bacchus I think you meant 5c piece .

Cheers
goldrat

Nah mate meant 50 cent with a wink ;) Just my sense of humour. Reckon Neil , Bob , AF and Moneybox are on the same wavelength.

Cheers

Bacchus said:
goldrat said:
Bacchus said:
Whisp said:
Bacchus said:
Been AWOL for quite a while and a very lean 2017 . Got out to Jupiter today for this 1.6 grammer .

Just North of Whites Gully JC
SDC setting 3 , 8-9 inches , very faint warble , pipe clay.

https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/img/member-images/4092/1515474436_img_0431.jpg

When you display a nugget on a coin could you please use a modern coin as most of us don't remember the sizes of the Lsd coins. Getting old :)

Sorry mate it was the last one out of the Christmas Pudding :Y:
FYI a Thrupence is roughly the size of a 50 cent piece ;)

Bacchus I think you meant 5c piece .

Cheers
goldrat

Nah mate meant 50 cent with a wink ;) Just my sense of humour. Reckon Neil , Bob , AF and Moneybox are on the same wavelength.

Cheers

:Y: :Y: :Y: :lol: :lol: :lol: WOW! a 50cent piece, that's an impressive bit of gold.

1515817538_2018-01-13_15.25.05.jpg

This morning's result...
(Also see my next result below)

Well at least you got some gold, would have been worse if you didn't. Quartz can be razor sharp. About a month ago I was looking for crystals, chipping quartz with my pick and scraping it out from a meter below ground with my hands. Sliced a finger pretty bad, not as bad as yours though. Bled a bit but luckily I had band aids in my pack. Taped it up then remembered I also had gloves in my pack too. So I put on the gloves, one finger had a hole in the end where it was worn through and sure enough, it didn't take long and I sliced another one right where the hole in the gloves was. Very sharp stuff after you've smashed it with a pick!

Latest posts