⭐ Gold Detecting Show'n Tell

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Moneybox said:
madtuna said:

What type of rock crusher Madtuna? Is it a impact type with chains?

Phil
This one Phil, Armstrong industries GRB777 XL

QdffuOf.jpg

Hi all , my first specimen , tossed it out of the scoop twice before I realised that it was the target !!

looks like clean quartz but tried a spaz grav and got a negative number so I either stuffed up or the lump is hollow !
it seems to be just that bit on the surface and wafer thin so it wouldn't weigh much anyway
1508740124_spacy_man.jpg

thanks Brett

Hi Brett, The trouble with SP measurements on specimens with cavities is that air can be trapped inside, giving much lower results than expected. It has to be a solid piece with no cavities for accuracy. The other issue is that with such a low gold/quartz ratio, the accuracy of measurements also decreases.
It's a lovely speccie though mate, and I would keep it in a prime spot in my collection display.
If you need to sell, than I'd estimate 0.3 to 0.4g gold max content (say $20 max), but would not settle for less than $60 as it IS a collector's piece!

I'll swap you mine for your collection of ugly ones. Let's see how you answer that :lol:
I don't consider myself a greedy person or having the gold fever, just a love of detecting, but I'd be interested in your response MT.

madtuna said:
Thanks mate!

All the finds in this thread are fantastic and I can't say I've seen a meagre one yet no matter the size.

I envy you blokes with some of the specimens you find as I can only seem to find ugly ones :N:

Bugger, you have the same luck with speccies as I have with women! :D

BigWave said:
I'll swap you mine for your collection of ugly ones. Let's see how you answer that :lol:
I don't consider myself a greedy person or having the gold fever, just a love of detecting, but I'd be interested in your response MT.

HA!
unfortunately, usually they end up in the dolly pot the same day they are found so I don't ever have a collection to even swap you.

cairnspom said:
madtuna said:
Thanks mate!

All the finds in this thread are fantastic and I can't say I've seen a meagre one yet no matter the size.

I envy you blokes with some of the specimens you find as I can only seem to find ugly ones :N:

I've camped with you, I think I accidentally saw you naked once, I'm surprised you even manage to get the ugly ones :D

madtuna said:
BigWave said:

HA!
unfortunately, usually they end up in the dolly pot the same day they are found so I don't ever have a collection to even swap you.
I think that's a problem all us Gt ers would all love to have :Y:

madtuna said:
cairnspom said:
madtuna said:
Thanks mate!

I've camped with you, I think I accidentally saw you naked once, I'm surprised you even manage to get the ugly ones :D
Ouch! Burned!

Atm (at the moment MT) I'd just like to have the problem of getting out there. Ugly or not there all keeper's :Y:

Latest posts