⭐ Gold Detecting Show'n Tell

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Cool cool.
I loved my SDC and kinda always will. BUT.....BUT
Once I have started using the ZED and the amount of information it gives, it is amazing. And the SDC now feels like a toy!!! I know. Imagine that, considering its solid build. But I guess the coil size also matters, however I find the ZED easier to swing compared to the SDC even though it weighs 1kg more. Maybe how its balanced and just suits me, dunno.

The ZED really really is more like a VLF machine the way it works.

Your comment was spot on though, paired up, the SDC and ZED are a formidable team. Couldn't see anything else competing with them two at all. They might be a bit pricey but so is a boat and fishing. LOL

Nice gold once again...I am yet to get a decent specimen of gold in quartz or ironstone....would be cool too.

RH
Don't mean to be rude but that nuggy top left looks like an "up Yours" two finger salute

1502876785_1502870761_cleangold.jpg

Rockhunter62 said:
Hi folks,

Here are the finds for Carol and I from our trip towards Cape York. All gold was found at Western Creek with the SDC and a borrowed GPZ.

https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/img/member-images/7504/1502870761_cleangold.jpg
The 3 at the top go 2.48gms, 3.22gms and 2.2gms. :)

Just have to love that combination of detectors. ]:D

Cheers

Doug and Carol
Well done Doug & Carol
Great haul.
Thoroughly enjoyed following your trip, and loved the imagination and humour of you showing the trip through the eyes and experiences of Larry. Very amusing. :Y:

Looks like your finds are on the UP
Them finds are certainly something to get Excited about
Thanks for sharing guys hopefully you's can find there partners to keep them happy!
Good luck out there Poking around! Hope you find a Big one.

Some results for the 16th August.
1503031472_the_rest_16th_august.jpg

Found by 'benching' into what I've been calling a mullock heap but maybe I should be calling it a mining or reefing dump. Then this one turned up.
1503031679_big_specimen_16th_aug.jpg

I was excited about this one. My biggest bit yet. The specimens were carefully crushed last night to produce this.
1503031821_16th_aug_crushing.jpg

Total weight 0.780 grams. A good day for me I think. If you're interested in the full story of their capture see Metal Detectors/minelab/Eureka gold by Au Fever.
The Eureka Gold maybe outdated technology but it still works.

Cheers Bob.

Hi Everyone,

Went out for a swing to an area that I'd never looked at before. I had no idea what to expect and was pleasantly surprised with the open appearance of the gully I walked into. Found an old horse shoe and a couple of miners pick tips that had rusted away. They were obvious targets that had not been picked up by detectors in the past. To me this was a promising sign in that the detecting "pressure" was possibly less than some of the other areas that I frequent. Saw a few detector scratchings but the area was not littered with them. After detecting mullock heaps for about an hour with no luck, I decided to look at some of the unworked areas close to the mounds. Dug this nice piece from about 8 inches in really hard ground. (.5g)
1503395289_img_0260.jpg

It was good to pick up some yellow again. My daughter and I spent the weekend detecting for no return. (I am sure that her turn will come soon.)

A couple of hundred metres further down the gully I picked up a signal on the bottom edge of a trench. Part of the side of the trench was removed to allow the coil to sit flat. The signal was then quite strong. I was thinking it could be a horse shoe or bolt but the tone of the detector was a little more on the mellow side. At about 6 inches the detector was starting to talk. A piece of tree root was uncovered but the signal seemed to be strong in closer to the wall of the trench. I dug around the tree root and hit solid gravel and rock. At this point it was obvious that trash was not a possibility. The tree root was eventually removed and some hard digging followed. The final result....
1503399092_img_0261.jpg

It took about 5 minutes to sink in. I just stood there scratching my head. Anyway the hole ended up at about 12" deep.
1503399294_img_0262.jpg

Sorry about the poor quality of the photo. It was hard to get my head into gear at that point. Tried to continue detecting but i was struggling to focus. I headed home and cleaned up the find with bicarbonate and white vinegar. And this is how it cleaned up...
1503399649_img_0263.jpg

cheers

Les

Latest posts